• April 25, 2024, 08:41:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Linux  (Read 6566 times)

Mulasse

Linux
« on: May 31, 2008, 01:32:13 PM »

Hello, excuse me for advance for my bad english...
I'm actually working under ipcop, so there's no, as far as i know, ndiswrapper available. And it's not the first time i got a similar probleme with d-link stuff...
Emulate windows drivers under linux is not a really good solution, it's really unstable... Why don't you emulate linux drivers on windows instead?

I'm really disappointed. You are supposed to build network stuff, and lot of networking are running under unix/linux, but everytime i need dlink linux drivers, the answer is "emulate windows drivers". It really sucks!!!

AMDphreak

• Level 1 Member
Re: Linux
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 10:51:31 PM »

I totally agree. I notice this trend with alot of consumer products. If I pay 60 USD for a wireless adapter, I want the thing to work with GNU/Linux.

Dear D-Link. You'd better be listening. This is pathetic. Quit suckering up to Microsoft. Grow some balls and provide Linux drivers, and tell the Windows users to "figure it out" or "compile the source code".

Linux matters more than Windows.

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 11:38:23 PM »

Atheros writes the drivers for them, DLink just tweaks them. Really, Linux matters more than Windows- Good Luck with that frame of thought.

fackamato

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 05:38:22 AM »

This card works without any issues in Linux. Use the module ath9k (it should be automatically detected in all recent distributions, including Ubuntu 10.10 and newer).

The DWA-556 is based on the Atheros 5008.