• March 29, 2024, 03:02:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Sending email notice & snapshot or video clip  (Read 1853 times)

Vegas771

• Level 1 Member
Sending email notice & snapshot or video clip
« on: February 09, 2015, 03:22:55 PM »

Just got this camera, and have been able to get it to notify me at my Dlink registered email address when it detects motion.

This is ok, but what I'd rather do is send the message to a dedicated email account (just for security notices) and also send a video (or a snapshot would be ok, but prefer video).

In looking at the advanced settings, I see a step to do that (I think) but don't understand some info it asked for.  First field is sender email, ok got that.  Second field is Recipient email, got that too.  Next is Server address.  Is that SMTP?  My camera IP?  Something else?  Next is User name.  Is that my Dlink account username, my email user name, or what?  Then the password, again I can figure this out if I know the other fields (I think).

Nice camera, seems to work well, just a little complex in the settings for me.  Any info appreciated and/or direction to further info.  I can't find anything on the Dlink site to answer my questions and got no response from an email I sent.  Thanks!

Oh, and if I can't get this email video/snapshot to work, it there a way to download the video?  Preferably to my smartphone (android).  Thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:26:14 PM by Vegas771 »

Vegas771

• Level 1 Member
Re: Sending email notice & snapshot or video clip
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 03:32:02 PM »

Well, after much trial & error, I at least have the notifications working along with the snapshots (most of the time).  Video is problematic, I only get the 'log' file attached that others have complained about.  Hope they fix that, but at least snapshots are something.