• April 26, 2024, 02:41:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-5300w lost admin password cannot reset - can you help?  (Read 8369 times)

corhou99

• Level 1 Member
DCS-5300w lost admin password cannot reset - can you help?
« on: September 10, 2009, 05:34:18 PM »

Hi there,

i have a DCS5300w HW rev A3 - FW ver 1.04, this camera has been up and running for over 2 years without a problem, i removed it from use during a remodel, when i placed it back i cannot get into the camera, it has reset itself to IP 192.168.0.99 and no admin password works, no mine, not the factory none.

I did a reset (holding in the button on the left side) did not work, did the same thing with the factory reset where you hold it in and it cycles the lights twice, did not work. all i get is an error message from
installation wizard that says "if you have changed the servers http port or admin password, please imput the correct settings"

nothing i enter works, any ideas? is there an internal jumper i can cross, i mean it is out of warrenty, its eol, i like to get it back in service or blow it up trying.

Thanks

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-5300w lost admin password cannot reset - can you help?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 01:51:50 PM »

If it is not resetting there is really nothing you can do unfortunately. Just hold in the reset for a while till you see it reboot and see if that works. Try it a few times it may reset one of the times.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream