• March 29, 2024, 04:28:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-315: IP from router but won't appear in ShareCenter Setup or Storage Utility  (Read 5376 times)

wacky101

• Level 1 Member

The new DNS-315, with its hard drive installed, is powered up, with flashing white and stable orange LEDs. It's connected to a router, which is delivering an IP address of 192.168.1.20 via DHCP.

I can't interact with or setup my device, it seems.

(1) The device doesn't appear in the D-Link ShareCenter Setup Wizard. I've tried the wizard in both New and Repair modes. I've tried turning off Windows 7 Firewall. I've tried running the newest version of the wizard from the website. I've tried running in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode with Admin rights.

(2) I've also tried using the D-Link ShareCenter Storage Utility standalone program. That program does not find the device.

(3) Accessing 192.168.1.20 on port 80 via a web browser doesn't work. The connection hangs and eventually times out.

I have also tried power-cycling the device. I've also tried resetting the device using the only method I could find (power+reset button method).

Please help! :(

wacky101

• Level 1 Member

I managed to resolve this. I had spent 7 hours diagnosing. Finally, what did it?

• Reset the DNS-315 by powering-on while holding the reset button. Release the power button only when the first LED illuminates. Hold only the reset button down until the middle LED lights orange and then release.
  • Disable Windows 7 Firewall and AVG Anti-Virus Resident Shield. Firewall and Anti-Virus must both be disabled.
  • Connect the DNS-315 directly (not via a router) into your Windows computer with the box-included cable. Configure the LAN network card to have a static TCP v4 IP address of 192.168.0.100 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. Leave the other settings blank. Save these settings, and then re-connect the DNS-315 to refresh these IP settings.
  • Run the ShareCenter Setup Wizard from the box-included CD.
  • Follow the software to setup a New connection. Finally, after paging through the setup presentation slides, the device will appear.
  • Installation will complete.