• March 28, 2024, 10:46:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Windows cannot access NAS or You do not have permission to access this folder  (Read 23782 times)

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

I noticed there is a .systemfile that is hidden on each drive - this must have something to do with network access settings and a bunch of other dlink nas settings i'd image.

can someone confirm the size of your .system file?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

my oLED fw only upgraded to 1.03 - how did you upgrade yours?

The OLED FW version is correct. A D-Link moderator previously confirmed that the version should read 1.03.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

newgeneration

• Level 1 Member

*Update*

Upgraded firmware back to 1.05
Reset factory settings via reset button on the NAS
Checked Network access - still unable to access buttons
Inserted a new HDD and when selecting 'standard format' it was hanging on initialization so I power cycled the NAS then checked network access - ok to access however I wanted to re-format all drives and reconfig them as standard drives so I wouldn't occur this issue again and when I select raid tab and re-format all drives its hanging on initialization again...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

If you are looking to reformat all of the HDDs from scratch, you should first understand some basic rules on how the DNS-343 treats HDDs and Standard Volumes:

• Once you format a HDD as a standard volume, you must leave the HDD in the slot in which it was originally formatted. For example, the DNS-343 will not recognize a HDD formatted in slot 2 that is moved to slot 3. There are some exceptions to this rule that get a bit complicated, so I won't explain unless the need arises later.
  • Add HDDs sequentially starting from slot 1. You should not leave empty slots between HDDs.

If the HDDs are not formatting properly (i.e. hanging initialization), you can try mounting one of the HDDs in a PC and reformatting to remove any traces that may be impairing the DNS-343. You don't need to format all of the HDDs as standard volumes at the same time. You can start with one HDD in slot 1 (and leave slots 2,3,4 empty) and then add more HDDs later after the first HDD format is complete.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:21:57 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC
Pages: 1 [2]