• April 27, 2024, 07:31:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-3060 Time Schedule not working  (Read 4970 times)

dakweh29

• Level 1 Member
DIR-3060 Time Schedule not working
« on: July 27, 2020, 09:52:47 PM »

I am do not base in US and I am very sorry to put this issue in this forum and I really need help. The Tech support in SG is not being helpful.
I am a Network Engineer and I am quite familiar with technical terms and process.
Recent I bought a DIR-3060 and DAP-1360 to extend my WIFI coverage. Because I have kids and I need to setup Internet Timing control, I need to setup time schedule in the firewall. I setup the time schedule in the router as per my internet time access requirement. Requirement: Everyday 2000-2200 allow internet access. Any timing outside those time is to DENY
I go to firewall and setup the rules as per my requirement to allow/Deny access for 1 LAN IP address. Here is my setup
Time Schedule; DENY: EveryDay, 0000-1900hrs. 2200-0000
Firewall rules: Filter On - Deny Rules
LAN: XX.XX.XX.XX IP
WAN: 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255
Protocol/Port: Any
Schedule DENY
Once I enable the firewall, I can see the router starts to drop traffic to any internet IP address, but once time hits 2001hrs, it still drops packets, even I waited for 10-15mins it is still the same. I have to go to the firewall and edit the DENY files by reselect the scheduled time and save it, the router immediately allows traffic to the internet. I waited till 2201hrs, it should deny traffic, it still continuess to allow traffic to the internet, waited for 10-15mins and it still the same, not dropping any traffic. I have to go back to firewall rules and reselect and save the rules, DENY rules starts to kick in again and it started to deny traffic. So I seems that I have to manually allow and deny the internet traffic which it defeats to have the time schedules. I am wondering whether anyone has had the same issue as me or whether the time schedule and firewall rules works for you? If so, can advise me what firmware you are using or how did you configure the time and firewall rules?

P/S: I suspected it could be bug in the firmware . I have logged case with Dlink support in Singapore and they just says to bring the router to the servicecenter which is 25Km away from my home. I not wanting to drive all the way there and at the end, it says it is firmware issue and have to wait for next release.

Appreciate any advise on this. Thanks