• April 26, 2024, 08:49:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: I can't connect to some websites, ex: yahoo.com, sourceforge (SOLVED)  (Read 2079 times)

Marcelo

• Level 1 Member

I can't connect to many websites like yahoo.com or br.yahoo.com, cartoon network jp, sorceforge, speedtest.com, etc
I can't even download VLC, emule and nothing from sourceforge.com.
Strangely but I can conect to yahoo.com.br or cartoon network br.

I'm in japan, using the hikari fiber NEXT, modem only and the xtreme n 655 router.
Windows XP SP3, explorer, firefox, chrome etc...

I try this last beta 1.34NA and the official 1.32.
But even put the computers on DMZ and turning off everything related to filters, firewall or security seems to solve that. I am using no filter or special rules besides open ports for emule and utorrent
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 05:17:21 AM by Marcelo »

Marcelo

• Level 1 Member

OK problem solved!

I just change the MTU from 1492 to 1454.

Now i have to check if really is fixed for all websites. For now at least yahoo.com, cartoon network jp and dospara.com are loading really fast...
I can even turned on all the default security settings, and disable DMZ.
I didn't check performance on torrents and ed2k, but there will be time for that, and maybe next time i'll post that, if someone is interested about...

Someone can sugest a better adjust of this?  or a way of test better than gessing only?

Marcelo

• Level 1 Member
Re: I can't connect to some websites, ex: yahoo.com, sourceforge (SOLVED)
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 05:50:53 AM »

Another issue that was solved by changing the MTU!
The nvidia driver download website now it's working in all browsers, ot only the explorer 8.
Before the fix i could load the site but all the fields (except the Product Type and the language) were empty.