• March 28, 2024, 11:06:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: DNS-323 - Firmware v1.10 (Official Release) Comments & Observations  (Read 140603 times)

Newbie06

Re: DNS-323 - Firmware v1.10 (Official Release) Comments & Observations
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 10:24:18 PM »

Print server is broken in v1.10 - Universal HP (HP LJ 1200) stop working after upgrade, tried multiple things without any luck before downgrading to v1.09 - everything is back to normal. D-Link, how can you release this software without properly testing all the build in functionality?  You should be....  :-[

Odd...I have the same exact printer and I'm running v1.10 with no printer connection or printing problems.  It worked immediately after firmware update.

murissaab

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 08:29:03 AM »

Please help! I've updated my DNS-323 to firmware 1.10 and after reset I'm now unable to connect to it. I've also tried the the hard reset using the reset button on the back of the device. And I'm trying to connect to the default IP address 192.168.0.32 as I have it peer wired directly to my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

philippe_elie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 08:35:40 AM »

I too upgraded, having a Samsung CLX2160 printer attached to the DNS. No printer anymore. I disconnected and reconnected the USB cable and the printer was back...
That said, the scan disk bug (DISK FAILED immediate error after starting the scan) is still there, despite this bug was described numerous times in V1.08...

philippe_elie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 08:38:44 AM »

Please help! I've updated my DNS-323 to firmware 1.10 and after reset I'm now unable to connect to it. I've also tried the the hard reset using the reset button on the back of the device. And I'm trying to connect to the default IP address 192.168.0.32 as I have it peer wired directly to my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Hi Murissaab, are you sure 192.168.0.32 is your DNS address ? COnnecting it directly to your computer won't work. You have to connect it as usual on your network and since the DNS will get an address with your router DHCP, you have to determine this address. Usually, you get access you router menus, and search for the one that displays the current DHCP status and address allocation... hope this helps
Philippe

vishnumrao

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 12:49:51 PM »

Gentlemen,

DNS 323 is an old product that is not being actively worked upon. This seems so atleast from the non existent support and  anaemic firmware upgrades.

I think we should all just start supporting the alt-f firmware. I am going to support him financially. Not a big amount, just a few bucks. This will give him more motivation to work on the alternative firmware for the DNS-323.

Alt-f has worked great for me. Transfer speeds are significantly higher too. With the Dlink firmware, I barely got about 10-11 MBps, when transferring from & to a Gbit desktop over LAN cable. With the Alt-f firmware I am able to hit 18-18.5 MBps, when moving the same files to the same desktop.

Also features like ability to connect USB hdd, UPnP & DLNA clients, Transmission, Samba & NFS make it a no brainer to switch. I agree some features are already available on the stock firmware, but the packages in the Alt-f firmware are newer versions and are updated more frequently.

My only major gripe with the Alt-f firmware is that the UI is ugly. But very functional. But I don't login very often. So its not a major con.
Disclaimer: I am not connected to the Alt-f firmware in anyway, but I am a happy user. 

gee0000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2012, 07:10:37 PM »

Agreed. Alt-f looks like it's going to be the only thing that saves us. If I had known the development was going to be dropped with so many issues left unresolved, I likely would have gone with another product.

azreal1983

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 02:51:04 AM »

Has anyone tried this firmware on a non US box?

I assume that the UK box is the same, however the download page for 1.9 and 1.10 both say only for north america.

Don't really want to brick my device with the new firmware.

Currently running 1,7 as 1,8 wouldn't format my drives.

Would like to move to 1.9 or Alt-F) but want to get my raid 1 in order first.

velocci

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 07:03:36 AM »

Hi all, i just saw that there is this firmware version 1.10 available now.  I have version 1.09 right now.  I read that this newer version is not that great.  if I update to 1.10, can I go back down to 1.09?

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 08:32:04 AM »

if I update to 1.10, can I go back down to 1.09?
It has been posted many times. You can install any firware version at any time. Most people use v1.10 only to format AFT drives then revert to the most stable FW which is v1.09.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 08:38:54 AM »

It has been posted many times. You can install any firware version at any time. Most people use v1.10 only to format AFT drives then revert to the most stable FW which is v1.09.

I'll have to add this as a sticky.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

velocci

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 09:08:08 AM »

is AFT drives a type of hardrive is it a formatting?  Right now I have two Seagate 1.5TB hardrives in it.  Can I use this AFT?

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 02:53:23 PM »

is AFT drives a type of hardrive is it a formatting?  Right now I have two Seagate 1.5TB hardrives in it.  Can I use this AFT?

Until recently most HDDs were segmented into sectors sized 520 bytes or less. Newer HDDs are commonly manufactured with sectors of 4096 bytes and are called AFT (Adavanced Format Technology). By definition, HDDs with sector sizes > 520 bytes are AFT.  This schema change more efficiently stores larger sized files, improves upon error correction, and improves addressing.  Many legacy operating systems and NAS firmware aren't equiped to recognize the newer AFT HDDs, ergo the firmware updates.

You can tell if your HDD is AFT by looking up your HDD specifications and identifying the sector size.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:59:38 PM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2012, 05:19:39 AM »

Hello Dlink Support,

I recently had purchased Dlink DNS-320 with dual 2TB HDD. I have no problem using it since Feb 2012. My only problem is printing via USB port server built in front of DNS-320. I had no problem until recently i had updated the firmware version 1.01 and 2.00 as stated in http://www.dlink.com.sg/support/support_detail.asp?idProduct=477

After this update, i can't print at all, is there a bug? I tried to removed existing driver, and printer icon and reinstall it again. Still no printing occurs. Tried to login to system management, clear print queue, restart the colour printer HP CP1515, again nothing happens.

Please Heeeeeeeeeeeellp!!! :(

I moved your post to a new thread in the DNS-320 board here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=50195.0

Chimo2k

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »

Season's Greetings - I found this Forum and would like to thank everyone for the excellent information, experiences and exchanges.

Pardon my questions, but I don't think I've seen a clear answer to the following, so at the risk of repeating something I missed, would like to ask:

(1) Does 1.10 support formatting of 3TB drives?
(2) Can I format 3TB drives and then switch to a more stable 1.09, as a few have indicated as being more stable overall?

I checked out ALT-F and outside of a few comments, don't see where it states this firmware / App supports the formatting of 3TB drives...looks very impressive otherwise, though...

(3) The new(er) DNS-325 appears to support 3TB drives - is the general concensus of this Forum to not go beyond 1.5TB or 2TB drives with DNS-323?  It looks like all activities / discussion has kind of disappeared on this topic?

Thanks for any direction that you can provide - I own 2 of the DNS-323 and they work great for my needs; just didn't realize the 3TB firmware limitation until after I bought the drives yesterday and of course, can`t return them without a 15% restocking charge.

JavaLawyer

• Poweruser
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »

DNS-323 - HDD Size and AFT (Advanced Format Technology) Support

Season's Greetings - I found this Forum and would like to thank everyone for the excellent information, experiences and exchanges.

Pardon my questions, but I don't think I've seen a clear answer to the following, so at the risk of repeating something I missed, would like to ask:

(1) Does 1.10 support formatting of 3TB drives?
(2) Can I format 3TB drives and then switch to a more stable 1.09, as a few have indicated as being more stable overall?

I checked out ALT-F and outside of a few comments, don't see where it states this firmware / App supports the formatting of 3TB drives...looks very impressive otherwise, though...

(3) The new(er) DNS-325 appears to support 3TB drives - is the general concensus of this Forum to not go beyond 1.5TB or 2TB drives with DNS-323?  It looks like all activities / discussion has kind of disappeared on this topic?

Thanks for any direction that you can provide - I own 2 of the DNS-323 and they work great for my needs; just didn't realize the 3TB firmware limitation until after I bought the drives yesterday and of course, can`t return them without a 15% restocking charge.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5