• March 28, 2024, 09:32:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-6113  (Read 20865 times)

Chrisped

• Level 1 Member
DCS-6113
« on: March 29, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »

Hello All!
I have a few questions regarding the DCS-6113 and I am not sure if all the DCS cameras work this way, but I have been reading manuals and forums posts but have not seen any answers to these:

1. The 6113 has multiple streams to view, but accessing the streams outside of the network is weird. There does not seem to be a direct relation to ports that you can forward to access the various streams or more importantly, how do you access each stream from outside of the firewall?

2. The D-Viewcam software when it is set up, access the camera but only seems to access the stream 1 and does not allow me to pick which stream it can record. It shows "video channel" but it only allows me to pick channel 1 as all the rest are grayed out.

I did read before asking, but just couldn't find these questions asked...
Thanks for any response!!!

Chrisped

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-6113
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 03:51:26 PM »

***UPDATE***
I figured out that under the D-Viewcam software I can change the streaming of what it is recording by going to CONFIG/SETTING/CAMERA/CAMERA SETTINGS tabs and selecting the streaming format.

I understand to view stream 1, I made the http port 1030, I would put in  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1030/video1.mjpg. What is weird is that when I set the stream for H.264 or mpeg4 it cannot display the image as any browser says it is not a .mjpg format...?? it says

"This session is rejected by session manager caused by The fix stream codec is not MJPEG".

Any ideas??

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:28:40 PM by Chrisped »

rcarty

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 06:43:43 PM »

How did you get the DViewCam software to talk to the DCS-6113? This model is not in the list in version 3.2 which I just downloaded.

Chrisped

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 11:25:54 AM »

Mine shows up in the list. What I have found with this IP camera and the software is that it is twitchy and buggy. What I would do is run the DLink disk and run the DLink setup Wizard SE and set the ip of the unit. Then go into the DCS software and instead of searching for a camera, click the "insert" button under the CONFIG page under the CAMERA tab. When you click insert you can pick IP and camera type and all. The DCS-6113 shows under my camera selections under DCam View 3.2.

adonisarchie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 09:31:04 PM »

Hi, can anyone suggest how to record DLink DCS 6113 video on a wavestore granite server?
something to do with request string. Thanks in advance.