• March 28, 2024, 10:00:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Add-on "Plex Media Server v0.9.15.2" for D-Link NAS  (Read 25795 times)

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
Add-on "Plex Media Server v0.9.15.2" for D-Link NAS
« on: February 07, 2016, 11:50:52 AM »

[Add-on] PlexMedia Server v0.9.15.2

[Description]
Plex bridges the gap between your D-Link NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media. Plex can play a wide range of video, audio and photo formats as well as online streaming audio and video.
Attention! If you have installed a previous version of Plex addon you want to manually save a directory mediabase “/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/Plex/Library/Plex Media Server”.

[New & Fixes]
https://plex.tv/downloads/1/archive

[Version]
Add-on Package v1.11
The paid version.

[Maintainer]
vtverdohleb

[Download link]
DNS-320L Plex Package v1.11_02072016_COM
DNS-327L Plex Package v1.11_02072016_COM
DNS-340L Plex Package v1.11_02072016_COM

[Resource]
Website https://plex.tv/
Plex Forum https://forums.plex.tv/
Other Add-ons http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/

[Remarks]
Download and install the Plex Add-On.
Click the link for the Plex web interface and configure it.
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php

ciavarrag

• Level 1 Member
Re: Add-on "Plex Media Server v0.9.15.2" for D-Link NAS
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 07:10:08 AM »

Hello ,
Admiring your skills in bringing applications on dlink dns327l I thought to reward your work with a donation .
Especially for the PLEX application.
You can unlock my audience so I can use the new version ?
thank you
g

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version

giankoski

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:00:42 PM »

I tried installing the new Plex Add on but i cant open the plex webpage - http://10.0.0.7:32400/web/index.html

It says unable to connect,

reychango

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 08:19:42 AM »

¿Como obtengo el numero de serie para activarlo en mi NAS D-link DNS-320L?

Saludos.

As I get the serial number to activate it on my D-link NAS DNS - 320L?

Best regards.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:43:52 AM by reychango »

pauledwards

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 09:41:00 AM »

Whats the deal with this Plex version cannot access it, I have done as required and still no option to start app, and no way to contact vtverdohleb on his website about this issue. Had to register here to be able to reply and ask this question.

Whats the difference between this version and earlier versions, also v0.9.15.2 works fine on my PC, but not on DNS-340L nas, needs a serial.

Cheers
Paul

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 10:42:29 AM »

* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version

pauledwards

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 11:12:52 AM »

Hi vtverdohleb

Sent you a PM.

And the question about versions not answered, version I downloaded for PC installed up and running no problems, the one for NAS says it needs activating with a serial.

Cheers
Paul

reychango

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 11:15:56 AM »

Enter serial number

perfect

but I don't see where I have to ask for the serial number. I only see the list of addon.

Best regards.

fmoliv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 05:55:24 AM »

Sorry, but even after donate and click the link on browser i still receiving the message that i need to donate.
It means that i cant get the serial number. please, can someone help me?

pauledwards

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 08:50:45 AM »

Hi

After restarting plex and doing everything i'm supposed too, i still cannot get it started, blank webpage, can't be opened.

Time to uninstall and give up, not a lot works properly on the 340l, great file server and works as it should, however had nothing but trouble with the few apps i want to run, should point these are 3rd party apps, not official.

QNAP here i come.

Cheers
Paul

fmoliv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 12:03:23 PM »

Sorry, but even after donate and click the link on browser i still receiving the message that i need to donate.
It means that i cant get the serial number. please, can someone help me?

philphil61

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 05:52:17 PM »

Hi

After restarting plex and doing everything i'm supposed too, i still cannot get it started, blank webpage, can't be opened.

Time to uninstall and give up, not a lot works properly on the 340l, great file server and works as it should, however had nothing but trouble with the few apps i want to run, should point these are 3rd party apps, not official.

QNAP here i come.

Cheers
Paul

Please don't blame vtverdohleb he has no financial (or other AFAIK) support from DLink.  Without vtverdohleb many, many DLink NAS owners would be long gone including me.  The best option (hint, hint) is to reward vtverdohleb by donating.

I don't use Plex I swapped from Plex to Twonky to Kodi (a much better and fully supported media centre and totally free (at this time) for your needs

Having said that - can you re-install the older version of Plex and see if you can locate a serial number?

pauledwards

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 01:06:19 AM »

Hi

First let me respond to philphil61, I did donate and support vtverdohleb, I install the new version of plex v0.9.15.2 on my PC which is FREE, it did not need a serial, and works perfectly. I installed it on as NAS DNS-34L, the version on vtverdohleb website, it needs a serial, to get a serial you have to donate or it not work, however after donating and inputting serial it still does not work, just a blank webpage, that's after rebooting NAS. So you can imagine some annoyance.

Just feels like being held to ransom to use a free piece of software, that does not work as it should, so I re-installed an earlier version, it works and does not ask for a serial, which would explain why I am asking in my previous posts on the subject, just what is the difference between this new version of plex, and earlier version, a reasonable question that is still unanswered.

Other users are experiencing the same problem, and they have not been answered.

I all for supporting people who do good things, but so far my experience with D-Link NAS is not good.

Cheers
Paul

fmoliv

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 03:54:14 AM »

philphil61, i am not blaming vtverdohleb. I know better than anyone, how much works takes to provide this sort of thing. But what I ask here is nothing more than the fair prompted by the software. Donate more than 2 USD and you will have a serial number for activation. I downloaded, installed and donated more than 2 USD so I like to have my serial number. Only that.
Pages: [1] 2 3