• March 28, 2024, 11:25:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: receive push notifications even though set on continuous record?  (Read 2744 times)

spacequakes

• Level 1 Member

Right now, I have my camera set to alert me when there is motion detected, which it does, but the camera quits recording after about 14 seconds, even though there is still movement.  So I was wondering if there is a setting that would allow continuous recording and at the same time, receive push notifications when there is movement detected?  I'm not seeing the setting that would make that possible, so thought I'd ask here!  :-)  Thanks, in advance.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 07:53:24 AM by spacequakes »

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: receive push notifications even though set on continuous record?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 08:37:50 AM »

I believe you can. You need to log into the web UI of the camera.

Manual - ftp://FTP2.DLINK.COM/PRODUCTS/DCS-936L/REVA/DCS-936L_REVA_MANUAL_v1.01_US_EN.pdf  - Page 19 for login; Page 42 for SD Recording settings.

Click the Setup tab at the top then click SD Recording on the left. (I assume you are recording to a SD card from your other posts).

Under Trigger By, select Always. Under SD Card, enable Cyclic.  Click Save Settings.

Note I have not tested this  :o  but in theory this should work. Give it a try and let me know. If not I can ask a tech to test.

spacequakes

• Level 1 Member
Re: receive push notifications even though set on continuous record?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 09:10:55 AM »

Thank you very much for replying.  I made the changes you outlined & the camera did continuously record, but it no longer sent push notifications when there was a movement.  So, it doesn't seem like both continuous recording & push notifications for movement can happen.  I was hoping it was possible, because it would help narrowing what parts of the recording I would need to look at if I was notified of a moment of movement, rather than just having to watch a whole lot of video.  It was just a hopeful wish.  Thanks again.