• March 29, 2024, 08:11:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Attaching external camera to DCS 6113  (Read 11614 times)

aborodin

• Level 1 Member
Attaching external camera to DCS 6113
« on: July 13, 2014, 11:50:39 AM »

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect an external microphone (Philips LFH9173/00 mic) to the line-in terminal block of a D Link DCS 6113.  I'm having a bit of trouble and there is no sound when I check the camera feed.

First, here is the terminal block diagram.

The microphone has two cables within its sheath: an insulated red cord (which I assume is the mic input cable) and a bare copper cable (which I assume is the ground.)  I proceeded to dip both wires in solder, placed them within the appropriate receptacle (red in 5, bare in 6) and heard no audio from the camera, despite prolonged fiddling with the gain settings in the camera's web interface.

The representative from D Link had sent me the two pictures below of a previous install.  Here they are:

A close up:

Zoomed out:

You may largely disregard these pictures because they clearly have wires plugged into wrong terminals (even though I did duplicate their setup in case I was the stupid one.)  However, one different between this and my setup is the use of crimped connector pins.

My questions:

1) Did I need to use a powered mic?
2) Are these D-sub standard connector pins?
3) Is there something huge I'm missing, such as a crucial installation step or software configuration?

I appreciate your help.

m_overink

• Level 1 Member
Re: Attaching external camera to DCS 6113
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 06:07:05 PM »

Just letting you know that you may be looking at the wrong diagram for your 6113... Im guessing different regions have different pin configurations, as I found that the notes posted in the support for this cam were different from the version I had.  I had the same issue with the mic and speaker hookup...tried different pins and it works just fine...

Let me know if you haven't resolved this yet and Ill check my cam to see which pins I used to get the mic working!

Matt