• March 29, 2024, 02:11:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dialing international code for every call  (Read 4232 times)

kevnhowe

• Level 1 Member
Dialing international code for every call
« on: July 02, 2009, 05:40:12 AM »

It is not necessary for me to dial the international code for my country on calls placed from Skype.  Can anyone tell me then, why it is required if I dial out using the DPH-50U?  If I simply use area code and phone number, I get a tone similar to a phone company busy signal.  If I add in the country code, it works fine.  Is there a way around this?

someoneelse

• Level 1 Member
Re: Dialing international code for every call
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 08:48:51 PM »

"If I simply use area code and phone number, I get a tone similar to a phone company busy signal.  If I add in the country code, it works fine.  Is there a way around this?"

For people you call often, you can download a program to add the speed dial codes into skype. That way the process of calling is shorter. ##{speed dial number} * I don't know of any limit to the number to speed dial number you can have.

I downloaded it here:
http://ops.attix5.com/downloads/danie/SkypeSpeeddial.zip
http://ops.attix5.com/downloads/danie/SkypeSpeeddial.zip

You will need to unzip it.

While this does not really address the issue. It is a bandade for the problem. I would also like to add 911 information to the device/program/driver. If we could make any changes I think that would be helpful.

gotti

• Level 1 Member
Re: Dialing international code for every call
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 11:27:34 AM »

thanks for the link to the speed dial software. It works, except on one of my contacts it does not allow me to use more than one digit for the speed dial number. Maybe I'll remove the contact and then put it back in.

Speed dial should have been a feature of the DHP 50-U software.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 11:30:57 AM by GOTTI »