• April 19, 2024, 08:00:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Where have the Active Directory options gone  (Read 4100 times)

Robbo

• Level 1 Member
Where have the Active Directory options gone
« on: August 09, 2009, 09:31:46 PM »

Hi all,

I've been looking at making the DNS-343 a part of my AD and after reading about the issues and work-arounds, I was making progress. After installing firmware 1.03b73 however, it has all changed. My workgroup name is wrong (probably taken from the old 'Realm' name) When I try to change the Workgroup name, it suggests that AD is now an Add-on. Can anyone suggest what has changed and where I can find the Add-on and whether it even works.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:35:21 PM by Robbo »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Where have the Active Directory options gone
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »

Here is the link to the add-ons you will want to download and install the apkg_ads_100.zip app to the DNS-343

You will see a tab under Advanced and Add-ons tab on the left just goto install app and browse for the app.

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Multimedia/dns343/Beta/Apps/
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

chaicka

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 12:31:16 AM »

TS, it now runs as an add-on package. However, don't be surprise if it can't work properly with AD in native 2003 or 2008 mode.

In the environment I have tested, it failed to grant permission properly when accessing the folders through network even though it's configured correctly in the GUI.

Robbo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 05:08:16 PM »

Thanks for the link. I've downloaded the add-on but when I try to start it, I get an error indicating "Enable Failed". Any ideas?

Thank you.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 03:51:01 PM »

What firmware version are you running? Did you reset to factory defaults after the update?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream