• April 19, 2024, 09:34:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Where is the firmware URL?  (Read 3075 times)

webbglider

• Level 1 Member
Where is the firmware URL?
« on: July 10, 2009, 10:22:02 AM »

:( Greetings - new member here with a problem (right, what else is new?)  Anyway, I have been having problems with my 2310 dropping the signal to my PC and Tivo network and was looking for a fix.  Biggest problem is trying to reset my router - I can get into it and go to the wireless setting section and make changes but when I try to save them, the system hangs and then tells me it can't load 192.168.0.1!  I'm using Firmware 1.05 and have seen that this may be a problem but when I go to DLink support, there's no firmware section (to get 1.04) - what am I doing wrong?  I can't get to it through the router because of the hang problem.  I am using Firefox on an Intel-Mac and have had no problems other than the signal drop . . that is until I tried trouble-shooting the signal drop issue and reset the router! (I even switched to a 5.8ghz wireless phone system and moved it away from the router).  Any ideas???  Please!!!

Thanks.

Renelson De Jesus

• Level 1 Member
Re: Where is the firmware URL?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:01:34 PM »

When a wireless signal drops to a noticeable level, you should consider some basic things before reconfiguring your router.

1. Check for physical location - try to place the router at least in an elevated level, if possible, you must replace it above your cabinet. by simply doing this, you can propagate the wireless signal properly
2. Check for any other wireless devices - any other devices that runs on 2.4 GHz freq such as a wireless phone may affect the performance of your router. With this, you can use the reserved channels (channels aside from 1,6,11) so that it wouldn't make any conflict with the phone if you can't replace them
3. Check for any interference - wireless network is always susceptible to inference, microwave devices, and such can affect it's performance

once this basic pieces are all set, you can now configure the router one-by-one:

1. Change the SSID to a shorter name - SSID is part of the packet heading once transmission takes place. Lowering the SSID will lower the header as well thus saves more time and resources to transmit the data
2. Change the channel - utilizing proper channel may affect the over-all performance of the wireless connection. channel is always directly proportional to distance. using ch.1 is adviseable when you are working at least more than 30 feet from the router, mid-range is ch.6 while close range is ch.11

You can also consider upgrading the network card's driver (wireless network adapter) for better performance in the receiving part as well of your network. :)