• April 19, 2024, 12:38:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 and Linksys Routers  (Read 5443 times)

oldsarge

• Level 1 Member
DNS-323 and Linksys Routers
« on: March 18, 2008, 07:09:57 PM »

I was having problems with my DIR-655 killing my internet connection several times a day and never could get it fixed. So I bit the bullet and
bought a Linksys WRT-300N Wireless N router. Now I cannot attach my 323 to it. It connects ok, but when I go to attach drives, it says it cannot attach network drives.  I've tried just about everything I could think of.  I have a ton of data on one of two drives and found that the first partition on these drives is Linux, therefore they are not readable by just plugging them into a SATA port or external case.  I NEED to get my data off that drive if all else fails.  I upgraded the firmware yesterday as well. I even tried reattaching my 655 router to the 323 so I could get my data but still won't allow me to attach the drives.  There has to be an easier way around this problem. I've even considered loading up Linux or a clone just to read the drive.  I've considered using partition magic to remove the Linux partition but can't take the chance on losing my data, and of course Vista's drive management utility can't read the drive. HELP PLEASE.  Sorry I bought a Linksys product.......   ???

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: DNS-323 and Linksys Routers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 12:29:12 PM »

Oldsarge,

How are you attempting to attach/mount the volumes on your DNS-323? Are you using Windows Map Network Drive or are you using the easy search utility that we provided with the device?

What version of firmware is your DNS-323 running?

Are you using User names and passwords on your DNS-323 Network Shares or is it open to anyone on the network?

Do you have access to the Web Interface of the DNS-323?

oldsarge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:51:21 AM »

I can't manage the drives using Vista and cannot attach the drives using Vista either.

The DLink utility works up to the point of giving the drives a letter and then it tells me it can't.

I read somewhere here that someone else was having that problem, so they deactivated Norton and
it worked.  I'm going to try that and will report back my success or failure.  I know this device should work.
The ONLY time I've ever had a compatibility problem between Linksys and DLink was with a range extender
from Linksys.  Simply wouldn't work with a DLink router.  This was a few years ago and I still have it new. Talk
about hanging on to equipment.  So far this Linksys router has held up my internet connection without disconnecting
like my 655 did several times a day.  I pinned it down to the 655 when I simply changed routers.  I know this isn't
a 655 forum, but thought I would throw that in for good measure.  I love DLink products and have been using them
for many years now.   I have a box full of routers and cards.  I'm just sorry I had to revert to a competitor's product
to solve my problem.  Now on to the DNS....

oldsarge

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 01:46:30 PM »

FIXED IT.  Yep, I turned off Norton's firewall and it worked like a charm.  Don't forget to tell others about that
fix if it turns up again.