• March 28, 2024, 08:50:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DIR-655 CONNECTION PROBLEMS FIXED !!!  (Read 46759 times)

astrid

• Level 1 Member
DIR-655 CONNECTION PROBLEMS FIXED !!!
« on: January 11, 2010, 07:27:19 AM »

A little update on my DIR 655 router

I spent almost a year with dropped connection, updating new firmwares trying new beta versions, taking off DNS, firewall, no password, password, mac address..etc doing everything possible to it because I do not like to throw away things.

But this time I just bought a brand new ### ( I am not here to advertised the competition)
and that fixed my connection problems !!!
the DIR 655 is in the recycling bin outside in the cold, sorry buddy

I can finally enjoy my internet !

ps:
Thanks to all the people who tried to help me, you are the lucky owners of a working D-LINK router so hold on to it and never update or change anything to it !
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 07:29:37 AM by astrid »

ironic77

• Level 2 Member
Re: DIR-655 CONNECTION PROBLEMS FIXED !!!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 07:31:19 AM »

There should be a place on here to sell back your DIR-655s.

I'll sell mine for $30 (only because I figure I might be able to turn off all the features and just use it as a dumb gig-E switch, though I don't have much faith in that either).

JAH97701

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 02:55:59 PM »

I'm ready to switch Brands. Any suggestions?

Drowsiness

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 06:23:31 PM »

Same here.

I am truly tired of the problems which are almost never addressed in a timely fashion. I may just go back to a certain L brand of router and be done with it.

The options and such this router has are incredible. Unfortunately... getting them to work consistently is a huge issue.

Never again, D-Link. Never again.

ironic77

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 06:25:47 PM »

Just about there myself.  Bad support.  Nearly useless forums, except to confirm that others are indeed having the same issues which only confirms that the only mistake I made was picking this router/firmware.

I hear of these problems with other brands too though, so I'm kind of at a loss.  Maybe something that runs open source, because at least I can debug it myself instead of having to pay for support to fix something that should have worked to begin with.

lessblue

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 11:44:55 AM »

The most annoying thing about these companies is their refusal to admit there's a problem. Consumers are left to twist in the wind. I was just writing in another thread about how this reminds me of the recent Seagate hardrive/firmware issues and how Seagate for the longest time would not admit there was a problem or attempt to address it. Their reputation took a big hit from what I know.

A company that releases (solid/stable) firmware regularly should get our dollars. I can see why many people just choose to go with DD-WRT.

My DIR-655 remains shelved as well, used it for about a month and that was enough for me.

ladydeth

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 02:54:02 PM »

Stay away from Belkin  F5D8235-4

:)  Tis why I bought a DIR-655.  Im lucky to have you guys here to tell me  NOT to flash it.

Maconvert

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 10:34:30 AM »

I'm thinking of selling my DIR-655 with version 1.11 firmware.
Anyone interested?

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 01:38:46 PM »

ps:
Thanks to all the people who tried to help me, you are the lucky owners of a working D-LINK router so hold on to it and never update or change anything to it !

too late. I used to boast this router to everyone and recommend it...that was pre 1.31. I even started to experience problems during the 1.22 f/w release, which my dir-655 retires at now. I won't recommend this router anymore even if the retail still has 1.10 f/w on it, because people are most likely inclined to upgrade the firmware. I've certainly learned my lesson in that, and I won't be so quick to recommend the router I currently own in fear that it will slap me in the face a week from now. but it works, its been up longer than any dir655 has been up for, still miss my v1 wrt54gs had more memory than you could fit in a fat cow.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 01:45:09 PM by lotacus »

Bestware

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »

I am tired of fighting with this router too.  Worked great out of the box, but the firmware updates have destroyed its reliability.  I have egg on my face because I have recommended this router to hundreds of my customers.  Time to find a reliable router.  I wish people would tell us the brands they have bought which did work for them.

Zenophobe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 09:37:35 PM »

I have dd-wrt ized my WRT600N Couldn't be happier.

smapdi

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 09:54:42 PM »

WRT310N v.1 running DD-WRT NEWD2 Eko build 13401. Uptime has been over 2 months and rock solid with 6 heavy users on a FIOS 20/20 line.

Still wish I could find a stable firmware for the old DIR-655 though...

Cobra

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 11:05:51 PM »

I am one of the many who have no problems and love the DIR-655.

My router had been up since last November (flashed 132NAbeta9) until I just flashed the new beta 133.

Zenophobe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2010, 11:47:21 PM »

I am one of the many who have no problems and love the DIR-655.

My router had been up since last November (flashed 132NAbeta9) until I just flashed the new beta 133.

Unfortunately that doesn't help me.

lookez

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 11:50:55 PM »

Apple
Pages: [1] 2 3