• April 18, 2024, 03:33:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Will upgrading to 1.10b firmware wipe out 3rd party applications?  (Read 2234 times)

andsoitgoes

• Level 1 Member

I primarily use vtverdohleb add-ons (transmission and SSH) and am not a huge fan of d-link's offerings, they're just a bit too limited.

If I upgrade to the most current firmware, will any of those break? I saw a post in the main thread with a user stating they had issues with a 3rd party add-on, and I'm just hoping to get some guidance before I go through the process and potentially have to revert.

Thanks so much in advance.

vtverdohleb

• Level 5 Member
    • Add-Ons for D-Link NAS
Re: Will upgrading to 1.10b firmware wipe out 3rd party applications?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 07:05:14 AM »

I primarily use vtverdohleb add-ons (transmission and SSH) and am not a huge fan of d-link's offerings, they're just a bit too limited.
If I upgrade to the most current firmware, will any of those break? I saw a post in the main thread with a user stating they had issues with a 3rd party add-on, and I'm just hoping to get some guidance before I go through the process and potentially have to revert.

The firmware update cannot interfere with the operation of the transmission and SSH applications.
Add-on Application questions and issues, please include the following minimal information in your post:
* ShareCenter Model
* Add-on Name
* Add-on Version
* Detailed Description of your Issue
Donate: http://dlink.vtverdohleb.org.ua/Add-On/donate.php