• March 28, 2024, 08:41:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 517173 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2013, 04:44:55 AM »

My 942L dont have this issue on firmware v1.12
Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static

This is fixed in the latest firmware?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

yamkipor

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2013, 10:01:56 AM »

Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]

How do I disable the IR in night mode?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2013, 01:59:34 PM »

Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]

How do I disable the IR in night mode?

Perhaps "Fixed" is a misnomer.  I believe there is an option on the Web UI LIVE VIDEO page.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:07:11 PM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-942 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Ability to view snapshot and video thumbnails
  • General - Add additional DDNS provider (e.g. no-ip.org)
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • General - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card
  • General - Option to select vdeo profile number used on mydlink
  • General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • General - Option to upload files to dropbox
  • General - Reboot on a schedule
  • General - Add SMB server to access files on the SD card
  • Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/color]
  • FTP - Option to automatically upload video files of the same duration as the recorded event (e.g. same as SD recording)
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds
  • FTP - Support for spaces or %20 in the file path for the Video Clip and Snapshot Setup page
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror
  • Image - Ability to save "Image Setup" settings (i.e. anti flicker, flip image, mirror)
  • Logs - Option to email logs on daily basis
  • Logs - Rather than using the generic message, "An anonymous user is streaming video", insert the mydlink user-id if streaming from mydlink.com, iOS, or Android
  • Mobile - Default to SETUP page rather than LIVE VIDEO page when accessing the UI from a mobile device (i.e. Android devices cannot view the live feed on the LIVE VIDEO page)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Motion Detection - Option for motion detection event SMS alerts
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Scheduled start and end times for entering/exiting night mode
  • Recording Video - Increased recording time beyond the current 6-minute maximum
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - Option to easily copy all content on the SD card to another storage location without removing the SD card from the camera (e.g. "Save All" function)
  • Recording Video - Quick Setup option to record video on the fly (via mobile and desktop devices) without significant configuration requirements
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Option not to send Admin password to mydlink.com
  • Security - Support for passwords containing special characters
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Storage - Ability to access the on-board SD card via a folder

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

942LCamera

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #154 on: July 04, 2013, 08:58:40 PM »

Any release notes on firmware 1.21?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2013, 11:35:35 AM »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2013, 11:36:11 AM »

D-Link released DCS-942L firmware version 1.21.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2013, 11:36:47 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • FTP - Option to automatically upload video files of the same duration as the recorded event (e.g. same as SD recording)
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds
  • FTP - Support for spaces or %20 in the file path for the Video Clip and Snapshot Setup page
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror
  • Image - Ability to save "Image Setup" settings (i.e. anti flicker, flip image, mirror)
  • Logs - Rather than using the generic message, "An anonymous user is streaming video", insert the mydlink user-id if streaming from mydlink.com, iOS, or Android
  • Mobile - Default to SETUP page rather than LIVE VIDEO page when accessing the UI from a mobile device (i.e. Android devices cannot view the live feed on the LIVE VIDEO page)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Recording Video - Increased recording time beyond the current 6-minute maximum
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - Option to easily copy all content on the SD card to another storage location without removing the SD card from the camera (e.g. "Save All" function)
  • Recording Video - Quick Setup option to record video on the fly (via mobile and desktop devices) without significant configuration requirements
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week

• Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

thedokker

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2013, 03:26:20 AM »

Hi,
a couple of thieves entered in my home 6 days ago. Thanks to this webcam I have snapshots with theirs faces. Unfortunately the email notification is arrived later so they had stolen all the jewelry that we had.
I'm here to ask again if is possible to implement the multi email notification, but not only.
My request is: is not possible to implement also a feature that permit the notification with sms or with a preregistrated voice that call a number of telephone?
I can imagine that is not simple but I think that this could be a paid service that D-Link could implement.
Thanks a lot.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2013, 08:08:47 AM »

You need a security system, not a camera.

Lowes Iris will do this.
Insteon is another such system available online.

Both are free from monthly fees.

Hi,
a couple of thieves entered in my home 6 days ago. Thanks to this webcam I have snapshots with theirs faces. Unfortunately the email notification is arrived later so they had stolen all the jewelry that we had.
I'm here to ask again if is possible to implement the multi email notification, but not only.
My request is: is not possible to implement also a feature that permit the notification with sms or with a preregistrated voice that call a number of telephone?
I can imagine that is not simple but I think that this could be a paid service that D-Link could implement.
Thanks a lot.

thedokker

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2013, 10:21:57 AM »

You need a security system, not a camera.

Lowes Iris will do this.
Insteon is another such system available online.

Both are free from monthly fees.

Thanks for your reply.
But I live in Italy and not all of this devices are accessible for me.
However I think that D-Link has the right devices, just missing some "details"  ;)

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2013, 09:14:45 PM »

Thanks for your reply.
But I live in Italy and not all of this devices are accessible for me.
However I think that D-Link has the right devices, just missing some "details"  ;)

Sorry about that...

I tried to research dlink before I went with lowe's... didn't find much in the security type department.. came across something from 06-08, but appeared to be abandoned.  javalawyer had no response to my inquiry about the product, so must be dead.
 ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #162 on: July 24, 2013, 04:27:30 AM »

Sorry about that...

I tried to research dlink before I went with lowe's... didn't find much in the security type department.. came across something from 06-08, but appeared to be abandoned.  javalawyer had no response to my inquiry about the product, so must be dead.
 ???

What product?  ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #163 on: July 24, 2013, 04:27:57 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)

942LCamera

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2013, 11:55:47 PM »

Release notes on firmware 1.22?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19