• April 24, 2024, 07:48:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: New here, Problem setting up DIR-625 password  (Read 4463 times)

hanyoukimura

• Level 1 Member
New here, Problem setting up DIR-625 password
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:25:19 PM »

Hello, I just joined.

Hopefully someone can help me out with this problem.

A few years ago I bought a DIR-625 to replace an old Linksys. However, we managed to get the Linksys which was a wired router, to work again and kept using it.

We've just moved to a new home, and instead of drilling through the floors, etc. for running ethernet cables, we'd give the D-Link a go.

I have i up and running no problem, so long as there's no security. I went to Tools and set an admin password and a user password (both the same). If I set the security to WPA-Personal, the computer hard wired to the router is fine, but the wireless computers can't connect. They take the password I guess, but after several minutes of connecting both fail to. If I try WEP they both say incorrect password.

If I turn the security back off, the remote computer can connect fine.

The hard wired computer is using Windows 7 Premium x64, another one is using the same OS with an AZiO AWD102N PCI Wireless Adapter, and the other computer is running 7 Pro x64 with a ASUS PCE-N13 PCI Express Wireless Adapter. Oh and I updated the firmware to the most recent version.

I'm pretty good with computers, however I've never setup a wireless network before, so maybe I'm doing something wrong to set it up so the wireless computers can connect when the security is enabled, I don't know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.