• April 24, 2024, 05:23:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Read Only Access to HDD  (Read 4505 times)

xage

• Level 1 Member
Read Only Access to HDD
« on: September 29, 2009, 03:11:22 AM »

I recently upgraded to Firmware 1.32NA and after a week of playing around have finally managed to get all computers (mixture of Mac and PC) to access the router and the HDD plugged in the back (that damn "enable multicast streams" button).

My issue now is that all computers have read-only access the HDD. This wasn't an problem on earlier firmware versions. I cant figure out if it is a SharePort, router, HDD or a PC/Mac issue so am not sure where to start looking for changes in settings.

When I go into Disk Utility I do not have the option of changing permissions. It also reports that i have read/write access to the HDD which is contrary to what "Get Info" tells me. Any ideas?

bundok

• Level 1 Member
Re: Read Only Access to HDD
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »

What is you drive formatted to? You mentioned looking at it through Disk Utility, so I'm assuming you're trying to see it with your Mac. Mac's can only Read/Write to HFS/HFS+ (Mac OS Extended) and FAT32 formatted drives. The typical Windows NTFS format can be read by mac, but not written to.

Conversely, PC's can Read/Write to FAT32 and NTFS drives, but can't even see HFS/HFS+ drives. The only drive format compatible between the two is FAT32, but that's slightly antiquated at this point.