• April 19, 2024, 02:20:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Upgraded firmware - release notes available?  (Read 3670 times)

jbl-az

Upgraded firmware - release notes available?
« on: December 20, 2007, 04:27:54 PM »

I just discovered that an update was available for several months.  I had been having a lot of trouble with my 615 (rev A) since I installed it.  It's too soon to tell whether my problems have gone away, but I'd really like to know specifically what changes and/or fixes went into firmware version 1.10.

(Using WinXP Pro on both machines and DLink supplied controller, WPA2 on wireless.)

It is possible my router was just broken, of course.  My problems with 1.00 were
  • Losing the internet connection about once per day.  The fix was to log in, fetch and reload the WAN setup page (last item in the setup menu).  Once in a while I lost the LAN connection and had to reboot the DIR-615.
  • Even after doing the above, DHCP clients were often not listed, even if I had two computers directly connected and working; the list at the bottom of that page was often empty.
  • The time (as shown in the Tools/Time page) was frequently off, occasionally way way off.
  • The Clear-Log button did nothing.

(I haven't looked to see if the new version has fixed the last two things.)

For the first item, I did have a three-day go 'round with tech support that got nowhere; they suggested a couple of configuration changes, then that I call Cox Cable and see if they could fix it.  (Knowing average cable system techies I considered that an unhelpful suggestion.)  And the USR router that this one replaced had had no problems maintaining a long term WAN connection, at leat till its WAN port went out completely.

So -- any hope of finding out what went into version 1.10 for Rev A of the DIR-615?

Thanks!