• April 25, 2024, 08:10:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: *** Possible work-around for battery power ending too soon ***  (Read 10560 times)

WiFi

• Level 2 Member

I've noticed, on many trys, when the battery indicator, on screen top, or in MENU/TOOLS/BATTERY, was showing much less % left, ... if I used the "RESTART" command (option#8 of same menu), when the phone came back on-line, the battery strength, % remaining, would go up quite a bit.

In my last try, just before posting here, after talking for several minutes and looking at the indicator  showing only 19% power remaining, I RESTART'd the phone.
It was now up to 54% , giving me more idle time after the restart, over if I had left it at the 19% showing after the call, not restarting the phone.

It was a real reading too.  I tried pressing the "RENEW" button several times, while still in the "BATTERY" monitor screen, and the 54% didn't change.

I know this isn't the way the phone was meant to be operated, but my point is, it looks like the Firmware isn't resetting its own internal check of reading the battery voltage, after a call, or other heavy drain, and this is a good way around that.

Showing the battery will actually last longer than it is now, over NOT letting the indicator reset (restart).

After doing this, I was able to have the phone last in STANDBY mode, (waiting for an incoming call) a lot longer than it did before... several more hours, in fact.

I'm also thinking it will allow the phone to Calibrate to the battery more accurately if you drain it to it's REAL lowest level, using this method... and also seems to strengthen the battery for holding a charge.

I've already noticed a larger time in STANDBY mode, over what I was getting before, because the battery my have been calibrated more accurately, for FULL DISCHARGE to FULL CHARGE, but also because the indicator is forced to reset itself to the new reading, each time after a talk session.

Until, or if ever, the Firmware is redone, this could help with STANDBY and TALK times, true time left.

The battery range of use is still needing to be reset for HIGHEST to LOWEST voltage, and would give double the use per charge, but, that's a fix I haven't developed a work-around for... and needs an actual Firmware update to correct it.

If anyone trys this "restart" method, with their phone, please post your findings in this thread,
and also try to let the battery drain longer before charging it, WHILE STILL ON, and tell us if you also notice a stronger battery.

YES, ... don't charge the phone in power off mode.  I've found it makes a better charge if the phone is still powered.  Don't ask me why, it just seems to do it better... maybe another Firmware issue, who knows.
:D
Always Trying To Improve