• May 21, 2024, 08:29:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: ring once then dropped  (Read 5120 times)

tengky

ring once then dropped
« on: June 22, 2009, 11:23:03 AM »

We have this issue that outgoing call using analogue line often just ring once and then dropped. This issue is active in telephonation.com forum as well as in Microsoft discussion group, and it is still open.

Has anyone faced the same issue here and managed to resolve it?

Any help is appreciated.

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
Re: ring once then dropped
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 05:26:43 PM »

This is very unique to us; I have seen similar problems, but not this particular issue. Let us start with the basics: Who is your service provider and how many lines do you have? Is the problem intermittent? Can you receive incoming calls? Please provide us as much information as you can so that we can offer some suggestions to try to resolve this issue.

tengky

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 11:02:30 AM »

I am using this system in Singapore. The service provider is Singtel.

1. I have linked three analogue lines to it.
2. Yes, the problem is intermittent.
3. Yes, I can receive incoming calls.

Dropped call also happen while on conversation for outgoing call.
The 'ring once then dropped' issue occurs more frequently when calling Singtel mobile line. Land lines and other service providers mobile lines have much better success rate at 1st try.

The system is upgraded to SP2, and with latest firmware on the base station, gateway and phones. I have set the packet length to '40ms' on the gateway and phones which seems to improve the success rate. But it still happen, especially to Singtel Mobile line.

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 03:31:06 PM »

Did you purchase the system in the US or Singapore? Either way, you will need to contact the nearest D-Link International Office for assistance. Due to different standards from country to country, I may not be in a position to guess what may be causing the problem. One more reminder, voicecenter system is tailored differently from continent to continent and country to country depending on the standards and regulations allowed in those specific regions.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 03:33:05 PM by Mlachake »

tengky

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 01:46:02 AM »

I purchased this on US Online Store, and have the system shipped over.
I have chosen D-Link over the others RP brands as D-Link is built International product and provide International support. Unfortunately, RP has not come to Singapore so I don't think I can find any local support. So my source of support has to come from forum such as this.

I remember dropped call was reported here before, but no solution was posted online (it ended with call DLink help line). Are you able to post the solution online?

Otherwise, I will have to try the Quintum Gateway which has resolved this issue as reported in telephonation.com forum.

By the way, the DVG-3104MS does have a country setting for Singapore under call control.

tengky

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 09:13:56 PM »

I changed the Call Country to "China" (under Advanced -> Call Control), and this problem seems to be resolved. It is strange that I can't use "Singapore" though.

I will post again if this problem surface again.

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 08:40:38 AM »

Good to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. This is a valuable information. Please keep us updated if you experience any issues down the road.