• April 24, 2024, 01:47:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Virtual Server settings have failed all of a sudden  (Read 3485 times)

heiicat

• Level 1 Member
Virtual Server settings have failed all of a sudden
« on: November 25, 2008, 06:43:28 PM »

Hi all,

I am at my wits end with this and can't figure out why this is happening. One day my virtual server forwarding all of a sudden stopped. I have two ports that i have forwarding internally that will not work. I have upgraded the firmware and started with a completely fresh config and nothing works. They are forwarded using the Both option to an internal ip address. When i do a grc.com Shields up scan they show up as stealth. I have rebooted many times. Its a B2 rev 2.25 router. Its on DHCP with Shaw Cable up in Canada.

I have no other port forwarding settings set in any other tab and these HAVE worked successfully before with the identical configuration... its just all of a sudden they fail. I haven't added any hardware and don't use UPNP at all (turned it off.)

Anyone else experienced this or have any insight??

heiicat

• Level 1 Member
Re: Virtual Server settings have failed all of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 06:53:02 PM »

update:

checked the log when doing a port scan and here's what it shows:

Blocked incoming ICMP error message (ICMP type 3) from x.x.x.x to x.x.x.x as there is no UDP session active between x.x.x.x:44466 and x.x.x.x:8854

44466 is the port i'm trying to have forwarded...