• April 16, 2024, 10:39:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-615 - Connects to Linksys WUSB54G but no Internet  (Read 7744 times)

TerrArizona

DIR-615 - Connects to Linksys WUSB54G but no Internet
« on: November 25, 2008, 04:00:47 PM »

I am having trouble connect to my DIR-615 router. I have a Linksys WUSB54G ver 1 Wireless Adapter on my laptop. I get a connection to the router, but no Internet. I have tinkered with the TCP/IP setting with my Ip's address/gateway, but no luck.

I can't even run the adapter's setup software. I know it's simple, but I can't figre it out.

Thanks
Terry
AZ

Yuri

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-615 - Connects to Linksys WUSB54G but no Internet
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »

Hi Terry

You said u were able to connect. Can you give us what IP address did you get and not the one you tried to assign.

TerrArizona

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 08:51:44 AM »

I placed my router SSID Name and paraphrase along with my Cox IP address and Gateway. That didn't work. Tried to get it automatically, that didn't work. I tried to use a network IP 198.169.1.102. that still didn't work.  I double checked to make sure I had the latest firmware for the router and the latest driver for the WUSB56G adapter. 

I had it connected before, but started using an ethernet cable since the laptop is just a few feet away. I was planning on giving it to my son so he could look for a job, so I did a complete System Recovery on my HP. I know that even that keeps some of the settings, so I think something there is hindering everything.

Any suggestions would help

Thanks

Terry
AZ

TerrArizona

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 01:12:16 PM »

I finally found some help, I had to disable the wireless security on the Router and Adapter. After I connected I thought I was using the same security setup, but then I realized that I have WPA-Personnel and something else on the adapter. I probably need to WEP, but then I lose the N features to the Wii. I may have to wait until I get to my son's to see what his setup is going to be to make the connection.

Thanks for the help

Terry

chrisnclovis

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 05:41:28 PM »

If you're connecting that g adapter to the DIR-615 it will slow down the connection with any n adapters on the DIR-615's wireless network so you might as well use WEP. The connection with the Wii should still be fast and sufficient.

Lkr

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 08:12:11 PM »

Wii is only B and supports WEP at the best as well.  Hope that helps too.  If you have an old router as well and at least one N adapter, I'd recommend hooking them both up.  One for your G and B products with WEP and one for the N products with WPA2 AES. 

Solidac

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 06:47:08 PM »

Actually, the Wii is G and supports and WEP and WPA/WPA2 encryption.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineWirelessRouterChoose.jsp

It is the DS that is only B and WEP.