• April 27, 2024, 05:09:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Any Updates Planned for MediaLounge?  (Read 4289 times)

Golfboy13

• Level 1 Member
Any Updates Planned for MediaLounge?
« on: August 20, 2008, 04:22:25 PM »

I am attempting to convert my DVD collection to MPEG-4 format, move them to a DNS-323 NAS, and wirelessly play them using the MediaLounge capability of the DSM-750.  I have tried a variety of tools to rip the DVDs to MPEG-4 format including Nero Recode 3, UltraRipper, and DVDFab.  While some videos convert and play well, a number of videos have some form of error.  Examples include a “blue screen of death” that requires a reset of the DSM-750, other videos will play for a period of time (5-minutes to over an hour) on the MediaLounge then the video begins to break up, and still other videos will have no sound.  I use the Advanced Simple Profile as stated in the DSM-750 manual.  Also, every one of these “problem” videos plays perfectly using Windows Media Player and Nero’s Showtime Player on my PC, so I am fairly certain the conversion process is not the issue.

Are there any updates planned for the MediaLounge software to make it more like Windows Media Player or the Nero Showtime Player and better handle MPEG-4 videos?  Thanks

Kittyburgers

• Level 2 Member
Re: Any Updates Planned for MediaLounge?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 10:10:57 PM »

Along with support of MPEG 4, I'd also like to see support of audio codecs such as FLAC.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Any Updates Planned for MediaLounge?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 01:50:57 PM »

Yeah Nero recode 3 seems to do something strange that has not been pin pointed then using MPEG4 ASP this seemed to work perfectly using Nero recode 2.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream