• April 27, 2024, 04:26:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Streaming Audio-Question  (Read 5041 times)

hmaurer

• Level 1 Member
Streaming Audio-Question
« on: June 10, 2008, 06:06:34 AM »

I am considering upgrading to the DSM-750. A question: In the extender mode, does the interface allow for gathering and storing audio URL's? I have a number of audio locations that Media Center will play but the DSM-520 (which I use now) will not. Specifically, those audio files like mp3 and asx files.

Thanks

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Streaming Audio-Question
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 09:24:15 AM »

Is this a feature available in Windows Media Center? Please explain which function you are using in WMC and I will replicate the feature an try it on the DSM-750 if you would like to verify.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

hmaurer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 09:58:57 AM »

Yes, if I use the "File Menu" and use the command "open" for a URL, the URL will play through WMP. However, I do not know how to set up a playlist or collection of URL's inside Media Player--it is easy to do in Tversity or on my Windows desktop via a folder. the problem with using the DSM-520 mode is that Tversity/D-Link won't play certain audio files (mp3 etc.).

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »

Oh it is not a feature of the Windows Media Center application in Vista? The only way I see doing this would be to use TVersity as you media server but it would work the same as the DSM-520 does currently with TVersity.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream