• April 26, 2024, 01:35:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-321 right Choice For Me?  (Read 1826 times)

lindababy

• Level 1 Member
DNS-321 right Choice For Me?
« on: July 08, 2010, 02:26:58 PM »

Hi,

I have been poring over forums on the apple site and reviews, etc. on tech gear sites trying to ascertain if this is the right device for me. I apologize if some of this is covered but I have a lot of questions and would love some guidance.

I am moving from a tower running windows xp with 2 extra data drives that I used to store and manually mirror for redundancy - over to a mac mini. I would love to use storage with ethernet for speed but I"m not sure how I feel about using a RAID config because I don't want my data set to be tied like that, and I don't want to use TM because then I can't mirror using that software. What I would love to do is config my apps to store data on 1 of 2 external drives and then perhaps have software back up the primary data drive to the second drive. I would also like the ability to remove a drive and have the data files be freestanding and accessible. Further, it WOULD be nice to be able to access the data drive(s) from my mac laptop, but this is not crucial.

Thanks!