• March 28, 2024, 03:23:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DIR-655 LG BD-370 network Blueray Netflix Streaming  (Read 73069 times)

baffoni@avinc.com

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-655 LG BD-370 network Blueray Netflix Streaming
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 11:18:49 AM »

I had this problem when moving from an old DLINK router to a newer DIR-655 that had firmware 1.21.  All I did was upgrade to the latest firmware from 5/2010 1.34NA, and it fixed the problem.  I have QOS engine on, automatic classification, dynamic fragmentation all turned ON, no port forwarding/DMZ/manual filter/etc. configured - very default settings - and although I can't find the manual DNS entry changes anymore (must have moved somewhere), it is using the default DNS settings - it is even with a DSL modem that is running in layer3 mode so it is providing DNS relay to the clients on my network (maybe that is the key, DNS is bypassing the DLINK and going to the DLINK's DNS settings provided in it's upstream DHCP rather than relay, to a relay, to the upstream DNS).

I think many of these solutions written above are masking, but not truly addressing, the root issue.

BTW, jejolly, LG is very good about providing constant updates to improve and optimize compatibility for playing DVDs and BluRay disks - this helps reduce the oddball movie that won't play on one player but will play on others issue.  I think it is also to help provide better support for the other streaming protocols/services that are fairly new as they fix their services.  So having constant updates is a good, not a bad, thing.  I just wish they would provide support for playback of my iTunes music.

billy_kidd

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 12:46:02 PM »

I wish they add Rhapsody <grin>

biztekguy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 05:02:40 AM »

FINALLY! This has eluded me for quite a few months.  >:( I had flashbacks from the days of downloading a 1 MB file on a 256k dial-up modem with a faulty initialization string and a manual written in Korean hieroglyphics.

Like those of you before me, tech support at LG, D-Link and Netflix were as useless as a floppy drive for the iPhone. There is one posting on D-Link's NoKnowledge Base forum regarding this issue, but it has a meaningless "solution." I've tried to post a reply to that four or five times, but it never gets posted - or responded to.

What does the D in D-link stand for? Dumb or Deaf?

Thank you all for your perseverance. If only the wizards who create these products would train their help desk folks by reading forum posts. BTW - why have they hidden this forum from the public view?

centexman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 08:08:27 PM »

I have the older LG BD300 but wasn't able to get it to play after I'd changed out my router for the D-Link DIR-655. Thank WHATEVER that I found this forum! Although I tried the other fixes first (and they failed miserably) I'm working just by upgrading the firmware to 1.34NA. Hopefully this will fix others as well!

TimothyTFrank

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 11:53:50 AM »

I generally agree with the complaints identified here. I too "owned" a Netgear wireless router, 2.4 GHz model. I always "direct connect" or "hard wire" the LG Blu-Ray player to the router, so as to generally avoid "flooding" my wireless arena with Netflix "streaming video". Never, ever had a problem with Netflix, never, ever had to do "anything special" to cause the Netgear to "play" with the LG unit.

And, like others here, I did my research, and carefully chose a "dual channel" "A/B/G/N" wireless router. The DIR-855 seemed a perfect unit for the job. Until the LG unit was wired up to it. And I've had nothing but grief ever since. The DIR-855 works well on the wireless channels to all known computing equipment, including older "A/B" wireless games, "G/N" computing equipment by HP, Dell, and Apple, desktop built-in wireless, and add-on DLink and Netgear wireless PCI/PCIe cards running both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz.

But NO GO on the Netflix streaming video.

DLink technical support yielded to me the usual "idiot" suggestions: "cycle power", "firmware revision", "reload firmware", "reconfigure network", blah blah blah.

Netflix technical support yielded to me an utterly clueless suggestion: "decommission the magic number" and "new magic number".

Throughout all this, I have experienced the exact same symptoms as you all others have. Missing Netflix "icons" (empty icons), yet the "instant queue" choices are visible. Once in awhile and for no obvious reason, a movie will play. After "getting" it to "work" it will "work" once and then not again for hours, or days, or never.

Ok. So DLink refuses to recognize THEY have a problem here. A problem that will cause the "non technical user" to FLEE the DLink product line, and migrate rapidly to Netgear or somebody else. Not even a recognition, or an admission, that THEIR product ISN'T WORKING WITH NETFLIX.

How do "I" know this? Um, guys, gals, this was an easy kill. I simply "wired" the LG player DIRECTLY to the modem. POOF! All problems SOLVED. Movies plow in at my full 28,000,000 bps rate, all icons are visible, every time, all the time.

Re-insert the DLink router, connect the local LAN port via a DIRECT WIRE to the LG player, and SCREECH! Back to NO NETFLIX.

C'mon you guys. Millions of folks use Netflix. You can't possibly be "un-aware" of this customer malfunction, can you? Surely, LOTS of folks are complaining. Just search the Internet, etc. Get with it, and fix your software/firmware so Netflix is seamless.

I tried all the "voodoo doll" suggestions posted here as well. NOBODY has found the ROOT cause of this; so I'm entirely certain it's a DLink product problem with the DIR-855. (I'm using DIR-655 information to resolve my problem with Netflix, because there's even LESS information available about this Netflix interface problem with the DIR-855.)

The "DMZ" thing - DOES'T work.

Turning off all the security options - DOESN'T WORK - in fact, it actually "breaks" server connections to services such as Amazon, etc.

Reloading firmware - DOESN'T work.

Multicast options, fragmentation, static IP, etc etc - DOESN'T work!

Egad! Then, I discovered this amazing, cryptic suggestion for using this "mysterious" DNS service.

POOF! That, actually works!

Here's my DIR-855 solution, re-quoted for the DLink engineering team to chew, analyze, and incorporate into a NEW FIRMWARE version for the DIR-855 that FOREVER and FOREVER eliminates this problem with Netflix.

In the meantime, those of you with DIR-855 can use the following
(reference http://rhftech.com/blog/2009/05/lg-bd370-blu-ray-player-connects-to-the-internet-finally/)

DIR-855 router setup:
  Setup, Internet, Manual
    DHCP ... TYPE
       Primary 208.67.222.222
       Secondary 208.67.222.220
  Setup, Network, Add DHCP Reservation
    Enable fixed IP address for LG unit; e.g. 192.168.0.100  

I also have these DIR-855 settings, which apparently did not matter, and probably don't, but I've included them here just so you know: Advanced, Port Forwarding, 80, 443, 32768, to the LG player at the fixed IP address, and Advanced, Firewall, DMZ Enable [X], to the same fixed IP as specified in DIR-855, e.g. 192.168.0.100.

Using LG Player model HP 954 (with Blu-ray and Netflix, multifunction):
  Setup, Network
    IP Mode Static
    IP Setting
      IP Address <same fixed IP as specified in DIR-855, e.g. 192.168.0.100>
      Subnet <same subnet as DIR-855 IP Address, probably 192.168.0.1>
      Gateway <IP address of DIR-855, probably 255.255.255.0>
      DNS 208.67.222.222

Reboot the DIR-855.
Cycle power on the LG player.

Why does this "hack" actually cause Netflix to "work"?

That's the puzzle for you DLink engineers to discover!

Good luck, my friends, and next time I'd probably return this unit for a refund, as (probably) thousands of other "naive" folks have already done. If you want to make money, get your Netflix interface working seamlessly!

Thank you,
Timothy Frank
timothy.frank@toast.net
Phoenix, Arizona

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »

Thats a end user configuration issue and not a FW issue. Most issue arise from incorrect or settings in the router that have to be setup for certain applications and is not a FW caused problem. Most of the settings in the routers can be configured easily to resolve connection issues.

Is DNS relay enabled?
DMZ can be a quick fix on somethings however netflx works well with out a device being in DMZ.

Yes, Advanced DNS services should be turned off in most cases.

It's all in about you set up the router settings.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

Hard Harry

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 12:16:59 PM »

Thats a end user configuration issue and not a FW issue. Most issue arise from incorrect or settings in the router that have to be setup for certain applications and is not a FW caused problem. Most of the settings in the routers can be configured easily to resolve connection issues.

Is DNS relay enabled?
DMZ can be a quick fix on somethings however netflx works well with out a device being in DMZ.

Yes, Advanced DNS services should be turned off in most cases.

It's all in about you set up the router settings.

I agree. I had a DIR-655 (Now a DGL-4500) and it worked fine with my LG TV (42LE5400). I know your frusterated, but I doabt its a firmware issue. Sounds like user error.

Also, were not engineers. LOL. Glad you fixed your equipment. But seems like it was a DNS issue. But can't be sure with all off point data in your post.

phoreolve

• Level 1 Member
  • [url=http://whois.my-addr.com/online-domain-whois-lookup-demo.php]web whois[/url]
DIR 655 LG BD 370 network Blueray Netflix Streaming
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »

Netflix Watch Instantly is streaming in all forms.  It has nothing to do with being on the Wii.  The Roku Box doesnt even have any storage as far as I know, and no device lets you store Netflix movies to watch offline.

Sammydad1

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 10:40:27 AM »

I use my xbox360 to stream netflix with no issues...its even on a wireless bridge....once I had a problem with my XBox where it couldn't connect to netflix, and all I had to do was to clear its cache...found that answer on some xbox forum....

my Funai blu-ray player doesn't have an internet connection so its not an issue for me....
DIR-655 A2, FW: 1.35NA
Pages: 1 [2]