• April 28, 2024, 04:35:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-932LB1 works wirelessly for a few minutes but then "redlights"!!!  (Read 5716 times)

BlackHawk1

• Level 1 Member

I purchased two DCS-932L cameras about a month ago as a 2-pack. I installed the first one without any issues. Just got around to trying to setup the 2nd camera  on the exact same router. And it has worked wirelessly a couple of times but then it "red lights".

Just using common sense and putting together all of the pieces to the puzzle, my first guess is that it has bad flash memory chips that aren't saving the network information for very long.

I've successfully setup the 2nd camera twice now. I performed the 2nd setup by using a paper-clip to reset the camera to the factory defaults, re-plugging in the cat-6 ethernet cable and repeating everything. And it works wirelessly.

But as I stated, it seems to only lasts a few minutes and then I am back to the steady "red-light" on the camera. I've turned it off and on at least 5 or 6 times to see if it will work the next power-on and it does the same thing. It powers on to a steady red and blue light. The red and blue light flashes about 3 times, the camera clicks once and immediately goes to red-light, clicks a second time, and stays on the red-light.

I think the flash memory in this camera is cheap and defective. I just want somebody's advice before I go through the hassles and time consuming trouble of getting an RMA #.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: I just hooked up the camera to the D-Link router via cat-6 ethernet cable and it goes to green-light instantly. I enter the ip address of the camera in my web browser and it prompts me for the user name and password. When I typed the password that I know I used it refuses to let me log in. A clear sign, once again, that the log-in information for the wireless network along with the login password for the camera itself has been lost.

Should I try starting from scratch a 3rd time or is this just not gonna happen for me?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:53:12 AM by BlackHawk1 »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-932LB1 works wirelessly for a few minutes but then "redlights"!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 10:56:59 AM »

Try assigning the DCS-932L a reserved IP address through your router to rule out any potential IP conflicts.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

BlackHawk1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 11:02:56 AM »

There are no IP conflicts. My router uses DHCP. The camera works flawlessly when wired up. Not at all "wirelessly". The password I know I set on the camera through the "wired" setup is no longer accepted even when I go back to a "wired" camera. It's bad flash.

Edit: If you wanna move this to DCS-932 that would be great also. No biggie to me. I would do it if I could.

Edit: I set up the camera using the D-Link router instead of their software download and the camera works wirelessly. But now, the camera is no longer showing up as an option through the www.mydlink.com website. So I won't be able to see anything remotely.

Thought the flash was bad but its working right now. But not through website. Is there a better way to register a camera through the website by simply typing in it's MAC address? Please, add this ability in the future if it does not already exist.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:40:45 AM by BlackHawk1 »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 11:39:17 AM »

If you wanna move this to DCS-932 that would be great also. No biggie to me. I would do it if I could.

Done... ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 11:44:27 AM »

There are no IP conflicts. My router uses DHCP. The camera works flawlessly when wired up. Not at all "wirelessly". The password I know I set on the camera through the "wired" setup is no longer accepted even when I go back to a "wired" camera. It's bad flash. Somebody tell me how I am wrong?

Try powering down the first DCS-932L and see if the second (problematic) camera functions as intended. Give it a shot (I've seen something similar to this in the past).

Also, presuming both DCS-932L are of the same HW version and running the same FW, you can save the FW settings of the camera that's working as a file to a PC on the same LAN and upload the file to the problematic camera as a test case.  Procedure here: DCS Network Cameras - Configuration Settings File,
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:48:28 AM by JavaLawyer »

BlackHawk1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 12:42:31 PM »

The wireless is working now. Not sure what the problem was. I had no need to update the firmware because it was the exact same version as that of the working camera.

Still, the second camera does not show up on my list of devices at www.mydlink.com. And I feel like setting up my camera manually using the ip address and D-Link router is superior and faster to using the D-Link software download.

Really need the ability to add a device manually by MAC and IP address on the D-Link website. That has to go on their to-do-list soon.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 01:37:39 PM »

I also prefer setting up the camera manually as it's quicker and more customizable. And unfortunately, as you aptly pointed out, the Setup Wizard is required to add the device to mydlink.