• April 26, 2024, 09:44:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: auto gain/ auto shutter feature not working  (Read 4836 times)

blueknight155

• Level 1 Member
auto gain/ auto shutter feature not working
« on: November 27, 2011, 10:00:57 AM »

i have two dcs-932l cameras that worked for a week and now when the sun comes up, the image goes completely white ... i can see outlines of vehicles in front of my house but no clear images until the sun starts going down again .. i have re-flashed , re-set, re-configured, anything and everything to fix the problem to no avail .... anyone else having the same problem?  i have contacted Dlink through email and they have advised to call the support center .......  good luck with that, after spending almost 2 two hours on hold i finally gave up .... any suggestions?

>:( ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: auto gain/ auto shutter feature not working
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 10:09:20 AM »

Did you try sitting the camera further back from the window or on a different angle? There is a good chance the image is washed out from sunlight refracting off the window the camera is facing.

Calling the toll free technical support number for in warranty hardware should go relatively quickly. I've never waited more than 10 minutes (not 2 hours).
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

blueknight155

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 04:03:08 PM »

the two units are sitting under the eve of my house (30 inch deep eve) out of the weather with no obstruction

brenakie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 10:13:15 AM »

I'm having the same issue with my 932.  Mine is mounted in my lanai with plenty of overhang and the image is good during sunrise, sunset and overcast days, but when the sun is out it's very washed.  Are there an settings I can muck with?

Washed out....

mickpatten

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »

I have the exact same issue, but have been unable to find a solution searching the forum or internet. tried firmware 1.02, 1.04, and now 1.05b5, but it's still an issue... as soon as the lens receives direct sunlight it progresses from slightly overexposed to unviewable white image.

Would love to know if there was actually ever a solution to this thread/issue...

I've tried adjusting the brightness, contrast, and saturation (Setup - Image Setup)

mickpatten

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 02:08:10 AM »

I'm installing an iphone anti-glare screen protective cover on the window overnight and will report back on how that works tomorrow.

mickpatten

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 06:53:08 AM »

ipad antiglare screen covers were a bust. no difference. obviously need to take unit back and obtain a unit designed for full-sun viewing.