• May 14, 2024, 03:01:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DWA-140 questions.  (Read 6493 times)

Adiemus

• Level 1 Member
DWA-140 questions.
« on: July 24, 2010, 04:38:30 PM »

Okay so I have a DWA-142 and I was told that DWA-140 would work with Windows 7 64 bit. I am about to order a DWA-140 and I wanted to know a cheap but reliable place I can order it off the internet.

Secondly, I keep seeing DWA-140 revb and b2. What does that mean? My router is a DIR-625 revC, but do I have to pic a specific rev for it to work with the router? is the Rev even relevant when considering buying the DWA-140?

I see DWA-140 on a lot of sites for purchase but not a single one details what rev it is or even if rev matters.

I just got a 1800 dollar computer and I really want to get it on line but D-Link drama is causing a lot of issues, so any help you guys can provide would be great. Especially where I can download a drive for the DWA-140 if the installation disc it comes with does not work. I saw the first post in this forum and that guys seems to of had a lot of issues with the DWA-140.

rcoloma

• Level 2 Member
Re: DWA-140 questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 06:42:32 AM »

i got a DWA-140 a few days ago and took me a lot of time to get it going.

I think there are other products like Belkin usb n adapter, i.e., that will do the same job for a lot less trouble.

however, once i got the dwa-140 going, im very pleased with it.

My router is a DIR-655 and i see no difference between my current wifi connection and the old di-524 cable connection.

i play online games like Bad Company 2, GTA IV, Stacraft II, Blur and so far my dlink combo is doing a great job.

!!!!clarkkent

• Level 3 Member
Re: DWA-140 questions.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:57:54 PM »

d-link support site has drivers for dwa-140. rev A has drivers for mac and up to windows vista 64... rev B has drivers upto windows 7 32/64.
"A mighty sword is useless in the hands of a coward!"