• March 28, 2024, 04:21:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is DCS-2230 viewable with Android phones?  (Read 9164 times)

slickster

• Level 2 Member
Is DCS-2230 viewable with Android phones?
« on: January 20, 2012, 01:30:26 PM »

I am considering buying a DCS-2230 but I need to know if could watch and control its display & sound remotely with my new HTC Amaze 4G phone. I haven't been able to find any definite answer to this issue anywhere I looked. Some docs mention only video but no sound and hardly any mention control. That may be because those features in virtually all cams require Active X, Java, or whatever iPhone uses. Has anybody here used DCS-2230 (or any other IP camera of similar quality and price) with Android phone?

slickster

• Level 2 Member
Re: Is DCS-2230 viewable with Android phones?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 03:36:27 PM »

I am new here and I don't know how to contact Rob Chou. I don't see his name anywhere.
As to your Android app suggestion, I was actually hoping to use tinyCam monitor, but DCS-2230 is not listed among the supported cams, just like in your case. So I am still hesitating to buy it till I actually hear from somebody who uses it with Android.

Monval

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 01:54:02 AM »

Hello,
I just downloaded from the Android market the free Lite version of Rob chou and it does support the 2230 cam. I can see a live feed from the cam with my Motorola Defy+ (Android 2.3).
Thanks for the info and link.

What is creazy is that the 932L is visible through "MyDLink" Android application, but not the 2230 which cost 3 times more.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 02:04:05 AM by Monval »

slickster

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 11:03:25 AM »

Hello,
I just downloaded from the Android market the free Lite version of Rob chou and it does support the 2230 cam. I can see a live feed from the cam with my Motorola Defy+ (Android 2.3).
Thanks for the info and link.

What is creazy is that the 932L is visible through "MyDLink" Android application, but not the 2230 which cost 3 times more.

Thanks for that reassuring info, Monval. However, can you tell me if the sound also comes through with the video? Also, can Rob Chou's program also be used for configuring/controlling the cam?

As to your MyDlink issue, I think only the lower end cams work with it. Personally, I rather connect to my cam directly, without a D-Link proxy in-between.

Monval

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »

When I click on the speakers it says "update first", I guess it is to the paid pro version. There are two buttons for speaker and mike, I don't know if they work or not.

slickster

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 08:05:36 PM »

When I click on the speakers it says "update first", I guess it is to the paid pro version. There are two buttons for speaker and mike, I don't know if they work or not.

I was afraid that the Lite version might be crippled somewhat. But those speaker and mike buttons are a good sign because they probably serve the 2-way audio. Thanks again.

slickster

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 12:41:47 AM »

As I suggested earlier, the easiest way to be sure is to ask the author. He answers his emails. I believe his email is rob dot chou at gmail dot com.

I did email him but so far I have not heard from him. I don't know if I ever will because he must be pretty busy to answer everybody who writes him.