• April 24, 2024, 03:52:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help with DCS-910 ip camera  (Read 12754 times)

ojetto

• Level 1 Member
Help with DCS-910 ip camera
« on: February 16, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »

trying to set up my DCS-910 camera... I have forwarded all ports on my router and can connect successfully to my camera remotely.

but what I want to do now is stream the live video (java, not active x) to my website so it can be viewed by many

I know the max amount of users able to watch me camera is around 8, so I want to dumb the video feed to my server and have my hosting do all the heavy lifting (so to speak)

I know this is possible, anyone have any insight on how to get this to work? How do i send the live video feed directly to my server?

***FYI i tried to send jpegs to my server via the FTP option on the camera, but its can only send 1 FPS max??? if that could go to 10 or 15 FPS that could be an option as well***

ojetto

• Level 1 Member
Re: Help with DCS-910 ip camera
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 10:28:19 AM »

anybody?

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 10:38:41 PM »

Tried it, but could not get the live feed working. Sorry... Would have been a good thing, but MJPEG cameras seem to have limitations in that area.

ojetto

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 11:19:02 AM »

Tried it, but could not get the live feed working. Sorry... Would have been a good thing, but MJPEG cameras seem to have limitations in that area.

hmm so you are saying that the DCS-910 is incapable of streaming to my server b/c of MJPEG? what kind of video do I want to be able to accomplish this

rancher

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:32:48 PM »

Perhaps this is what you are trying to do?

http://www.dlink.com/support/faq/?prod_id=1283

Rancher

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 09:51:58 PM »

The faq handles displaying it in your web-browser. That is not what I understood as the question posed. I assumed it was to make the live feed go to the server, and then made available for post-processing or viewing. Not for direct access... But if I'm wrong, then please do not hesitate to correct me...