• April 28, 2024, 02:28:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Blocked incoming GRE Packet  (Read 9801 times)

jung

• Level 1 Member
Blocked incoming GRE Packet
« on: August 28, 2009, 02:09:24 PM »

Hello,
I am trying to setup VPN access and I am having problems with the configuration of the EBR-2310. I receive an Error 721 on the client machine and in troubleshooting it appears the GRE Packets are being blocked by the router.

The router logfile indicates that "Blocked incoming GRE Packet from xx.xx.xx.xx. In the router configuration,  I have forwarded the required port (1723) to the server and have checked PPTP under the firewall ALG configuration. I have the latest firmware version (2.0.1). I am at a loss. 

For background info, the VPN is configured (RRAS) under Windows 2000 server.

Thanks in advance.

canuck15

• Level 1 Member
Re: Blocked incoming GRE Packet
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 11:51:59 AM »

I had the same problem.  You have to set up a Virtual Server to the LAN IP.  Port Forwarding only forwards the port but does not pass through the GRE Protocol (PPTP Passthrough)

djp

• Level 1 Member
Re: Blocked incoming GRE Packet
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 01:55:52 PM »

I have the same problem.  I have created a Virtual Server with PPTP and a Virtual Server for GRE packets on protocol 47, but I am still not able to VPN into a computer behind my home router because the GRE packet is blocked.  This really bothers me that this doesn't work.