• March 28, 2024, 04:58:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 517104 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-942 - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2013, 07:41:31 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Ability to view snapshot and video thumbnails
  • [color]General - Option to change the ports used by the camera[/color]
  • General - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card
  • General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • General - Option to upload files to dropbox
  • General - Reboot on a schedule
  • General - Add SMB server to access files on the SD card
  • Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/color]
  • FTP - Option to automatically upload video files of the same duration as the recorded event (e.g. same as SD recording)
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds.
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror[
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Motion Detection - Option for motion detection event SMS alerts
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Night Mode - Scheduled start and end times for entering/exiting night mode
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - Quick Setup option to record video on the fly (via mobile and desktop devices) without significant configuration requirements
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Support for passwords containing special characters
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Storage - Ability to access the on-board SD card via a folder

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Dalmat

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2013, 03:17:23 PM »

Hello,

I've not yet upgraded to the latest firmware, but there is something missing for me : the ability to save the image settings, especially flip/mirror.
Right now my image Setup -> image settings are reset at each reboot (there is no "save settings" button like for the others settings).
As I need to flip the image, each time there is a power failure I get my videos flipped.
If not already covered, I guess it would make sense to at least save the flip/mirror settings internally and recover them at restart.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2013, 04:37:27 AM »

Hello,

I've not yet upgraded to the latest firmware, but there is something missing for me : the ability to save the image settings, especially flip/mirror.
Right now my image Setup -> image settings are reset at each reboot (there is no "save settings" button like for the others settings).
As I need to flip the image, each time there is a power failure I get my videos flipped.
If not already covered, I guess it would make sense to at least save the flip/mirror settings internally and recover them at restart.

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2013, 04:40:49 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • [color]General - Option to change the ports used by the camera[/color]
  • General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • FTP - Option to automatically upload video files of the same duration as the recorded event (e.g. same as SD recording)
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds.
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror
  • Image - Ability to save "Image Setup" settings (i.e. anti flicker, flip image, mirror)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - Quick Setup option to record video on the fly (via mobile and desktop devices) without significant configuration requirements
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week

• Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

happyhere

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2013, 07:50:38 PM »

additional wishlist:

a) General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled, TOTAL UP/RUNNING time)

b) Audio and Video - This page have "Video Profile 1/2/3/4).  Which one is being used on mydlink cloud service?  Maybe a good description like "Video Profile 1 and mydlink cloud".

On my two DCS-942L with firmeware1.12b1608 , I never have this issue:
Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2013, 05:07:44 AM »

additional wishlist:

a) General - Add more detail to status page (e.g. email enabled or ftp enabled, motion detection enabled, TOTAL UP/RUNNING time)

b) Audio and Video - This page have "Video Profile 1/2/3/4).  Which one is being used on mydlink cloud service?  Maybe a good description like "Video Profile 1 and mydlink cloud".

On my two DCS-942L with firmeware1.12b1608 , I never have this issue:
Audio - Fix intermittent clicking/static

Added.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2013, 05:09:04 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • General - Option to select vdeo profile number used on mydlink
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror
  • Image - Ability to save "Image Setup" settings (i.e. anti flicker, flip image, mirror)

sark666

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2013, 05:52:57 PM »

How about the option to record a file longer than 6 minutes max?  Let's say for whatever reason I want to review a large chunk of video, and I want to download it from the sd card over the web, well I have to manually download numerous files. 

I can understand keeping the file size small for email sending but why for local storage?  At my current video  settings, 6 minutes is taking about 17 megs.  Let me download one 200 meg file if I want to instead of numerous 17 meg files.

I'm not sure what suggestion to use for a limit if there's something else I'm not seeing, but I would think even a expand the drop down menu options and a  custom size setting and as long as the user doesn't specify something ridiculously huge, why not?

sark666

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2013, 10:51:39 PM »

I thought of another firmware suggestion: how about not defaulting to the live feed (or an 'advanced' option to default to any other screen like setup.   The reason being it would be nice to administrate this by an android/iphone device via a browser.  Say one wanted to change sd card settings or delete some files.  I'm sure the video feed would fail being java but any other page without a video feed should be able to be modfied.

Maybe make a sub url?  ip.of.camera/admin?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2013, 04:54:42 AM »

How about the option to record a file longer than 6 minutes max?  Let's say for whatever reason I want to review a large chunk of video, and I want to download it from the sd card over the web, well I have to manually download numerous files. 

I can understand keeping the file size small for email sending but why for local storage?  At my current video  settings, 6 minutes is taking about 17 megs.  Let me download one 200 meg file if I want to instead of numerous 17 meg files.

I'm not sure what suggestion to use for a limit if there's something else I'm not seeing, but I would think even a expand the drop down menu options and a  custom size setting and as long as the user doesn't specify something ridiculously huge, why not?

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2013, 04:54:58 AM »

I thought of another firmware suggestion: how about not defaulting to the live feed (or an 'advanced' option to default to any other screen like setup.   The reason being it would be nice to administrate this by an android/iphone device via a browser.  Say one wanted to change sd card settings or delete some files.  I'm sure the video feed would fail being java but any other page without a video feed should be able to be modfied.

Maybe make a sub url?  ip.of.camera/admin?

Added,,,

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2013, 05:02:17 AM »

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • General - Option to select vdeo profile number used on mydlink
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds
  • Mobile - Default to SETUP page rather than LIVE VIDEO page when accessing the UI from a mobile device (i.e. Android devices cannot view the live feed on the LIVE VIDEO page)
  • Recording Video - Increased recording time beyond the current 6-minute maximum

sark666

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2013, 06:09:45 PM »

Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]

I'm on the latest firmware 1.12 build 1608.  Changing day/night mode to manual IR does not result in the IR lights turning off on the camera.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2013, 09:38:45 PM »

I'm on the latest firmware 1.12 build 1608.  Changing day/night mode to manual IR does not result in the IR lights turning off on the camera.

If you upgraded to a 2132L you could control that.  It's probably not going to happen on the old 942L IMHO.

My IR light is off but my IR cut filter is on auto...

sark666

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2013, 10:06:02 PM »

Thanks for the screenshot.  The 2132L looks like it has more options regarding this, but the 924l is supposed to have this.  Just the simple option to turn off the ir lights.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19