• March 28, 2024, 04:54:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Please help... How to Configure QOS Priority?  (Read 43302 times)

funterz

• Level 1 Member
Please help... How to Configure QOS Priority?
« on: October 15, 2010, 10:29:39 AM »

Good day,
I have new DIR-655 and i want to configure the QOS but i dont know how to do this.
How to configure the "QOS ENGINE RULES"...

My 1st Priority is All Online Games installed in our PC Client - 60-Units connected PC Client
My 2nd Priority is Browsing - 60-Units connected PC Client
My 3rd Priority is Download/Upload - 60-Units connected PC Client
My 4rth Priority is Video Streaming - 60-Units connected PC Client

I want all of my 60 units are the same Rules effect.

Please help if how to do this.

Thanks in advance!

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: Please help... How to Configure QOS Priority?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 01:00:46 PM »

You can search the 655 forum, there's been already quite some explaining done...
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

funterz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 05:31:15 PM »

@EddieZ

I can't see or find the exact answer about my question, If you know the link of the thread same of my topic can you please post the link here.

Or anaybody help my post topic...

TIA!

funterz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 06:41:36 PM »

Anaybody help please!!!

Thanks in advance...

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 08:46:01 PM »

Can't help you much with the QOS, but 60 PC's is alot of traffic for this router to handle.  This is considered in the home router class. If you are planning on running 60 PC's you had better find a way to keep it cooled off.

Some basic QOS stuff: The lower the Priority number the higher the priority in the scheme.  A setting of 24 will recieve a higher priority than 84.

funterz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 10:54:57 PM »

@davevt31

You mean to say this DIR-655 is not supported to setup what i want to prioritize?

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 03:21:22 AM »

Yes you can.
But first offtopic: Why did they ask you (are you the gardner?  ;)) to maintain this 'clearly-not-a-home-situation'?

Anyway, have you read the HELP section in the firmware? This should give you an idea about the working of the QoS setup.
Some basic QOS stuff: The lower the Priority number the higher the priority in the scheme.  A setting of 24 will recieve a higher priority than 84.

You cannot insert 60 individual rules, this is a homeclass router. We can dispute about the question whether a home class router should be able to handle 60 clients or not (show me ten homes where 60 devices are connected), even a business with 60 clients is hardly a small business.

The only thing you can configure QoS for for 60 clients is a set of IP's that all will fall wtihin the QoS rule scope. In that case you need 4 rules.

funterz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 08:33:37 AM »

@EddieZ

Actually this is for my existing internet cafe, my network setup is like this... modem--->DIR-655--->5-Switch_Hub--->60-units Client PC and 1-workgroup, all of 60-units Client PC are assigned a static LAN IP address and my DIR-655 are disable DHCP and also disable wireless because i don't use it, we don't have a server, and we have no problem in-terms of internet connection, but i want to prioritize online games installed to 60-units Client PC to become a 1st and high priority of DIR-655 QOS ENGINE RULES.

I have read already the HELP section but there's no clue or idea to help what i need.

Again here's what i want...

1st Priority is All Online Games installed to 60-units - 60-Units connected Client PC
2nd Priority is Browsing - 60-Units connected Client PC
3rd Priority is Download/Upload - 60-Units connected Client PC
4rth Priority is Video Streaming like youtube - 60-Units connected Client PC

I want all of 60-units Client PC are the same Rules effect.

Please help if how to do this and tell me if it is possible.

Thanks in advance!

zendoren

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 09:22:02 AM »

Yea, i was guessing that you were using this thing for a Lan party or something.

I would highly suggest that you try to find a business grade router and switches as the routing and routing table can get pretty crazy with 60 clients on home grade hardware.

In the mean time, I don't know if you will be able to configure QoS rules for all 60 hosts individually on with this router.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 09:24:40 AM by zendoren »

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 11:22:03 AM »

In the mean time, I don't know if you will be able to configure QoS rules for all 60 hosts individually on with this router.

No, the number of lines/QoS rules does not provide 60 entries. But he can use 4 generic rules to be set for a specific segment of IP's, which will  be the easiest when the 60 IP's are set like 192.168.1.20 through 192.168.1.80

But perfermance/effectiveness wise: get some decent equipement.

Question: what is a "60 units client PC"? 60 user accounts or are there 60, physical clients?

funterz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 07:25:09 PM »

Question: what is a "60 units client PC"? 60 user accounts or are there 60, physical clients?
60-units as in 60-individual computers.

But he can use 4 generic rules to be set for a specific segment of IP's, which will  be the easiest when the 60 IP's are set like 192.168.1.20 through 192.168.1.80
You'r right, this is what i want "4 generic rules" to be set for 60 IP's

Please help if how to do this and configure of QOS ENGINE RULES

davevt31

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 07:37:32 PM »

Your going to need to know all the ports being used for each thing, then set up your priorities based on the port numbers.

funterz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »

Your going to need to know all the ports being used for each thing, then set up your priorities based on the port numbers.
Thats why i'll make this topic because i don't know what port i'm going to input the QOS ENGINE RULES.

Now my question is how to know the ports i'm been using as follows:

1st Priority All Online Games ................................. Priority [?] - Protocol [?] - Local Port Range [?]
2nd Priority Browsing Any Sites ............................. Priority [?] - Protocol [?] - Local Port Range [?]
3rd Priority Download/Upload From Any Sites ........... Priority [?] - Protocol [?] - Local Port Range [?]
4rth Priority Internet Video Streaming .................... Priority [?] - Protocol [?] - Local Port Range [?]

Local IP Range
192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.160

Remote IP Range
0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 02:22:02 AM »

And how do you think we should know that? We are not the ones that know what applications or games are played in YOUR Internet cafe.
We also don't know what size bra to buy for your wife/girlfriend  >:(

You might want to check out this site first: http://portforward.com/cports.htm

PLease put in some effort to at least understand the concept of QoS and the way it is configured in the 655... You own a Internet cafe, FGS, so get involved in the basics of your firm.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:25:58 AM by EddieZ »

funterz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 04:59:55 AM »

@EddieZ
And how do you think we should know that? We are not the ones that know what applications or games are played in YOUR Internet cafe.
We also don't know what size bra to buy for your wife/girlfriend 
What do you mean by that? I'am posting my topic in a wrong place? Tell me! This is a dlink forums, right?

Yesterday on my first posting message why did you not told me that you don't know if how to do this? So that i'll stop follow-up asking my question. And why do you still replied my topic if you don't know what i want?

It is a very simple word to advice me that this is impossible or possible to doing what my questions is, or im in a wrong place to post this topic.
Pages: [1] 2