• March 28, 2024, 02:23:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: FTP server - DIR 882  (Read 26945 times)

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
Re: FTP server - DIR 882
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2020, 05:45:23 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

After a full restore. Started to work again...

Bus after some minutes stopped again.

Do you know what can be causing this kind of problem?

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:13:47 AM by cejoos »

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 08:08:03 AM »

Well...

I found a temporary solution.

Unable SAMBA, Reboot router, than Activate it again and reboot it...

Now... What is causing this problem? Do I have a defective router?

Thank you!

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 10:51:23 AM »

Finally, I thing that the problem was solve...

Dlink support contact me and told me to Activate the streaming media option. After that is seams that for the last 4 hour all is stable.

Thank you all!

Kind regards,

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2020, 11:14:14 AM »

Thanks for the update. Glad it was a simple fix

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2020, 11:22:58 AM »

lol...

I just restarted the computer and the problem came back... I thing that is a problem with the router...

Do you ahev other ideas?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2020, 11:23:52 AM »

Are you using the external power supply with your hard drive?

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 11:47:25 AM »

Is a USB.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2020, 11:49:19 AM »

Thumb drive or external USB hard drive? If a hard drive, most will come with a power supply. You should always use it.

Does the drive "disconnect" while in use or when idle?

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2020, 01:48:10 PM »

Is a Thumb drive.

I don't know if it enter in idle. But I don't thing this is the problem. Because, I tested disconnecting and connecting again. And the issue continued. The onlye secure way to correct the issue is restoring the router. But this is not an option to me...

I thing that is a BUG. I did the same procedure with the TP LINK C7 and work perfectly...

When I change a setting that needs a restart. I can't connect to the USB anymore.

Thanks!

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2020, 04:01:18 AM »

Is a Thumb drive.

I don't know if it enter in idle. But I don't thing this is the problem. Because, I tested disconnecting and connecting again. And the issue continued. The onlye secure way to correct the issue is restoring the router. But this is not an option to me...

I thing that is a BUG. I did the same procedure with the TP LINK C7 and work perfectly...

When I change a setting that needs a restart. I can't connect to the USB anymore.

Thanks!

Yesterday I reset my router again... And it started to worked again... I did not rebooted anymore the router. Every time I do it. I can find the path anymore...

Today I turned on the computer. At the first time the the drive didn't connected. But one minute later, connected.

Today I will map this drive in another computer and test a reboot. If after that I can't access the drive again. I this that we have a BUG in this router.

Do you have another opinion or suggestion?

Thank you!

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2020, 10:08:23 AM »

Well...

I tested in other computer. A fresh one...

After rebooting the router. I can reach the network drive anymore. But I can access it using FTP.

And I can access other computers in the network. If I try to reboot again, it work back... But is something unstable... In my opinion it must be something stable. I pay for it.

In my opinion there is a BUG with this router firmware...

I'll wait for your opinion. And D-link support that only replays each 2 days... :(.

Maybe I will return this router to the vendor.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 10:14:27 AM by cejoos »

me_iauras

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2020, 06:22:29 AM »

There's either a miss configured  setting in your setup or indeed a faulty unit . Are you using your router's IP to map the drive in Windows Explorer or are you using it's hostname (dlinkrouter.local) ? My guess is that because of some issues within your network and not necessarily issues with the router ( you still haven't said what your network topology is and I'm suspecting that you have 2 routers active within your network , since the Dlink 882 reverted to the backup 192.168.100.1 default IP because it already detected another device with 192.168.1.1 , with both having active DHCP servers so depending on which one answers faster you would be in either of 2 networks thus when connected to the other one's subnet you wouldn't be able to access the Dlink 882 SMB share as it's normal )
I've connected a USB HDD ( old 1TB HDD I had left over from a laptop when I swapped it for a SSD in a generic cheapo USB3 > SATA enclosure https://www.olx.ro/oferta/rack-extern-hdd-ssd-2-5-inches-sata-3-0-usb-3-0-metalic-IDbC5r7.html#aad83b687f ) to the router since my last post several days ago and mapped the router's SMB share to my NAS . Even though the results are disappointing  ( as they are most of the time at ~7 MB write / 40+ MB read  ) I however did not have any issues regarding the ability to access/connect to the HDD attached to the router and this has been my experience with the router's USB storage host capabilities since the start .                                     

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2020, 06:36:03 AM »

There's either a miss configured  setting in your setup or indeed a faulty unit . Are you using your router's IP to map the drive in Windows Explorer or are you using it's hostname (dlinkrouter.local) ? My guess is that because of some issues within your network and not necessarily issues with the router ( you still haven't said what your network topology is and I'm suspecting that you have 2 routers active within your network , since the Dlink 882 reverted to the backup 192.168.100.1 default IP because it already detected another device with 192.168.1.1 , with both having active DHCP servers so depending on which one answers faster you would be in either of 2 networks thus when connected to the other one's subnet you wouldn't be able to access the Dlink 882 SMB share as it's normal )
I've connected a USB HDD ( old 1TB HDD I had left over from a laptop when I swapped it for a SSD in a generic cheapo USB3 > SATA enclosure https://www.olx.ro/oferta/rack-extern-hdd-ssd-2-5-inches-sata-3-0-usb-3-0-metalic-IDbC5r7.html#aad83b687f ) to the router since my last post several days ago and mapped the router's SMB share to my NAS . Even though the results are disappointing  ( as they are most of the time at ~7 MB write / 40+ MB read  ) I however did not have any issues regarding the ability to access/connect to the HDD attached to the router and this has been my experience with the router's USB storage host capabilities since the start .                                     

Thank for your time!

I only have a modem and the router DIR 882. DIR 882 is connected to this Modem.

Before the Dlink I was using an old Dlink on bridge mode. And before that I tested the TP Link C7. That didn't work with IFTTT but worked with the USB server, but return it to the Vendor.

The actual router is using the DHCP server as the modem. And yes, I have to networks. One network is at the modem and the other is at the router.

What is you suggestion?

Best Regards,

Joos

me_iauras

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2020, 08:08:15 AM »

Either go back to using the modem in "transparent/bridge mode" or transform the DLink 882 into an AP http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40856.0 (my suggestion would be the first option ) ; if you have 2 different networks with 2 DHCP servers serving your clients 2 different subnets without manually creating routes between the 2 networks (even so you would still be in a double NAT situation so still in an undesired situation) the clients of one network would not be able to communicate with the clients of the other ( you would have Internet access from both networks but inter/network communication wouldn't work) .
If you need more ethernet ports then the 4 available on the DLink 882 (the only reason I can think of why you would also use the modem as a router ) just put a dumb/unmanaged switch after the router and use that . If you don't know (or aren't unable to do so as you aren't able in the vast majority of consumer routers) to do inter-VLAN routing you never want to have 2 routers in your network .
Maybe English isn't your first language but your answer isn't very clear therefor I answered what I thought you intended to say .
Might I ask as you why need IFTTT integration for ; what are you trying to achieve ?

cejoos

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2020, 08:53:14 AM »

Hello!

Thank you!

I just talked with the support of DLINK. They was unable to help me with the issue. They told me that is normal that the router generate the IP 192.168.100.1, when connected to a Modem that start with 192.168.0.1.

They also told me that the router should be working in the actual mode. They ask me to send an email with all setups that they test with me during the phone call.

I doubt that they will find the problem. I thing that is a BUG.

Might I ask as you why need IFTTT integration for ; what are you trying to achieve ?

I realy don't need it. But when a company sell you something. And says that work. I will test it. If doesn't work in my opinion, not worth paying for it. Is what happened with the TP-Link.

Do you know if is possible to install DD-WRT and uninstall it if I want?

Thank you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6