• March 28, 2024, 11:38:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 446581 times)

WolfKodi

Re: DCS-5222L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2013, 08:43:25 PM »

Hi everyone! I just became a recent owner of a DCS-5222L and member of the d-link forum.

I believe the few most fundamental features of a pan/tilt ip camera that needs immediate addressing are as follow. Now these are mostly included in the DCS-5222L Wishlist (By the way, I noticed that JavaLawyer miss-typed it as DNS-5222L Wishlist instead. I'm pretty sure it's not a Domain Name Server. ;) ) but I would just like to highlight and elaborate upon them here as I am eagerly awaiting for these features.

The ability to automatically track via pan and tilt to follow any moving objects that comes into view, or more commonly known as Auto Motion Tracking, is important because a person cannot be setting in front of the camera controls manually tracking objects 24/7. Given this ip camera's current ability to accurately define where motion is detected via the finer motion area grid, this feature could be easily and definitely integrated. When the moving object is finally out of range, the camera should hold that last tracked position for a few seconds before finally giving up and returning to its previous/home location or continue to cycle patrol depending on what was configured. On a side note, has anyone found any supporting application that can perform auto pan/tilt tracking? I doubt the D-ViewCam does.

Just as sound is automatically muted during camera pan/tilt and thus temporarily disabling sound detection, motion detection should automatically be disabled when the camera moves itself too.

Another limiting feature is the flexibility to send the next FTP capture or recording immediately after the previous one. Anything could happen between the current minimum 10 seconds interval that goes uncaptured. This might have something to do with uploading multiple files within the same FTP session. If that's not feasible, perhaps opening up a second session?

As for the wishlist items addressed, even with the latest firmware v1.11 build 2825 update and using IE10, I don't see the ability to specify the light level required for day/night mode transitioning. I would assume this option to be listed under Setup>Audio and Video>Day/Night Mode section but I can't find it anywhere else either. I got my latest firmware from here: https://www.mydlink.com/support

WolfKodi

« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2013, 06:08:36 AM »

I believe this has not been added to the wishlist yet:

Video Clip for FTP and SD Recording - Recording duration based upon length of triggered event. For example, if motion stops being detected half way through recording, the recording should stop too. Dynamically varying the record duration will further optimize captured recordings to only include motion or other triggered events for as short or as long as they last. There could a setting to enforce a min and max recording time regard of how short or long the triggered event lasts.

stattman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2013, 03:49:24 AM »

Hi,

After having just bought this camera I'm very impressed with the quality of the image and the functionality.

However, I did have a problem with setting up email alerting using smtp which took ages to work out.

Therefore, it may be a useful addition to the software to have a "test harness" page, which could check the following:

1) Internet connectivity / Ping Facility:
       - this could confirm the camera can access the outside world (and using a test ping dlink address)
          could verify that any connectivity issues  might be password/config related...

2) A real-time monitor for thresholds:
       - Noise Detection Threshold
       - Motion Detection Threshold
       - Day / Night Conditions

- This would help to get more accurate settings appropriate to each individual environment
         to reduce false alerts or missed alerts

- A more advanced option of this is a learning mode where the unit would ask the user if an alert was true, or respond to a notice from the user that it missed an alert... 
       - The problem with the existing parameters is that this has no real meaning... (i.e. difference between 69 and 70)...

3) Sleep and Delay on Resume

- Finally, when I'm in the house I put the camera in Privacy mode.
       - preferably, id like to see a Sleep mode / low power
       - When going to bed, and using the remote control to switch off privacy, a small delay before leaving the room to avoid a false alert.
       - There's nothing to be done in the morning so a first false alert is expected) unless the iOS app myDlinkin+ / Lite can activate Privacy mode before coming downstairs..

4) Auto-Motion Tracking

- Someone else has mentioned auto-tracking which would be a very very advanced feature

One minus point

a) False Alerting when panning

- When panning the camera via the browser, this will trigger the motion alert.
       - This is obviously because the scenery is changing, but as a thought, on a user issued command
          to pan the camera if the alert is suppressed, this would perhaps make more sense.
       - This perhaps also has an impact on auto-patrol (is such an option available)?

Hope the above make sense and I'm pleased to see that this is a well supported product with recent firmware updates

Regards
Mark

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2013, 06:51:43 AM »

Hi,

After having just bought this camera I'm very impressed with the quality of the image and the functionality.

However, I did have a problem with setting up email alerting using smtp which took ages to work out.

Therefore, it may be a useful addition to the software to have a "test harness" page, which could check the following:

One minus point

- This is obviously because the scenery is changing, but as a thought, on a user issued command
          to pan the camera if the alert is suppressed, this would perhaps make more sense.

Until the day you stumble upon someone that you are manually tracking and then you have no recording of the incident!
 ::)

stattman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2013, 08:38:18 AM »

hmm.

Manual Tracking does not trigger a "motion capture" alert - but will operate until always recording.

I'm guessing there's some potential for tweaking the actions, triggers / events and outcomes with a device.

mementus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #155 on: November 19, 2013, 08:22:04 AM »

Is it possible to increase the dwelling time limit up to 3600 seconds or more?

Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #156 on: November 25, 2013, 10:18:57 AM »

Another limiting feature is the flexibility to send the next FTP capture or recording immediately after the previous one. Anything could happen between the current minimum 10 seconds interval that goes uncaptured. This might have something to do with uploading multiple files within the same FTP session. If that's not feasible, perhaps opening up a second session?

As for the wishlist items addressed, even with the latest firmware v1.11 build 2825 update and using IE10, I don't see the ability to specify the light level required for day/night mode transitioning. I would assume this option to be listed under Setup>Audio and Video>Day/Night Mode section but I can't find it anywhere else either. I got my latest firmware from here: https://www.mydlink.com/support

Added...  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #157 on: November 25, 2013, 10:19:13 AM »

I believe this has not been added to the wishlist yet:

Video Clip for FTP and SD Recording - Recording duration based upon length of triggered event. For example, if motion stops being detected half way through recording, the recording should stop too. Dynamically varying the record duration will further optimize captured recordings to only include motion or other triggered events for as short or as long as they last. There could a setting to enforce a min and max recording time regard of how short or long the triggered event lasts.

Added....

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #158 on: November 25, 2013, 10:19:41 AM »

Hi,

1) Internet connectivity / Ping Facility:
       - this could confirm the camera can access the outside world (and using a test ping dlink address)
          could verify that any connectivity issues  might be password/config related...

2) A real-time monitor for thresholds:
       - Noise Detection Threshold
       - Motion Detection Threshold
       - Day / Night Conditions

- This would help to get more accurate settings appropriate to each individual environment
         to reduce false alerts or missed alerts

- A more advanced option of this is a learning mode where the unit would ask the user if an alert was true, or respond to a notice from the user that it missed an alert... 
       - The problem with the existing parameters is that this has no real meaning... (i.e. difference between 69 and 70)...

3) Sleep and Delay on Resume

- Finally, when I'm in the house I put the camera in Privacy mode.
       - preferably, id like to see a Sleep mode / low power
       - When going to bed, and using the remote control to switch off privacy, a small delay before leaving the room to avoid a false alert.
       - There's nothing to be done in the morning so a first false alert is expected) unless the iOS app myDlinkin+ / Lite can activate Privacy mode before coming downstairs..

4) Auto-Motion Tracking

- Someone else has mentioned auto-tracking which would be a very very advanced feature

One minus point

Added...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2013, 10:21:11 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Add FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and SSH support
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - More detailed log events to facilitate troubleshooting
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to manually configure the OSD label font size
  • General - Ping test to validate Internet connectivity
  • General - Push notification support (in addition to email) for iOS and Android apps
  • General - Real time threshold monitoring for noise detection, motion detection, and day/night transitioning
  • General - Support for underscore characters when configuring the "Camera Name"
  • General - Support for PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • Browser Support - Improve Linux browser support
  • Browser Support - Support for Live View using browsers on the Linux platform
  • FTP/Email - Option to record and send an email for both scheduled events and motion detection events rather than selecting only one of these two options
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • FTP - Send concurrent FTP recordings with no break (i.e. no missing time between captures)
  • Motion Detection [Bug] - Video image periodically jumps/shifts position several pixels causing erroneous motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - Option to limit motion detection event recording length to the duration of the event (rather than a fixed period, e.g. 10 seconds)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators while the camera is in night mode
  • Night Mode - Option to explicitely select the light level required for day/night mode transitioning
  • Patrol - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Privacy Mode - Disable IR illuminators while camera is in privacy mode
  • Privacy Mode - Option to schedule privacy mode
  • Privacy Mode - User defined delay when enabling/disabling Privacy Mode
  • Recording Options - Ability to save to directory on NAS or server
  • Recording Options - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • Recording Options - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • Recording Options - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • SD Recording - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • SD Recording - Add option to disable JPG files generated for each video recording
  • SD Recording - Add SSH console to access SD card (SMB/CIFS)
  • SD Recording - Improve video quality and consistency (recorded videos are frequently choppy, freeze, and have dropped frames)
  • SD Recording - Add inherent ability to mass download SD recordings (rather than downloading videos one at a time or physically removing the SD card from the camera)
  • Security - Disable HTTPS when HTTP is enabled
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address
  • Security - SFTP support
  • Security - User defined session timeout period
  • Status - Add indicator describing the signal state of the digital input (e.g. green for high and red for low)
  • Status - Add indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Status - Wireless signal strength indicator on the Status page
  • Images - Increase image quality range for generated JPGs (i.e. option to reduce the compression level further than currently available via the firmware)
  • Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode (i.e. current implementation adjusts the exposure each frame rather than smoothly interpolating exposure, resulting in unnecessary strobing in dark scenes)
  • Video - Add option for RTSP stream at the camera's native image sensor quality (i.e. current RTSP streaming options are too heavily compressed and contain too many artifacts to support advanced image processing)
  • Video - Support for RAW (bayer mask) streaming for 160x80 or RGB

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • Snapshots - Improved snapshot resolution (rather than 96x96)
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - HTTPS support
  • General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9

stattman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2013, 12:51:05 PM »

That's a big list and looking forward to seeing the next formware update on this camera.

Quick question though, is there any visibility on the development plan and if there's an expected release dates of the next firmware?

Thanks

Regards
Mark

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »

That's a big list and looking forward to seeing the next formware update on this camera.

Quick question though, is there any visibility on the development plan and if there's an expected release dates of the next firmware?

Thanks

Regards
Mark

D-Link does not publicly publish firmware release roadmaps. Please keep in mind that this is list is maintained by the forum community (ergo "wishlist") and does not necessarily reflect the functionality D-Link will choose to incorporate into future firmware releases. I can say that D-Link does review the content in this forum, including the product wishlists threads.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-5222L Wishlist

• General - Add FTP, SFTP, FTPS, and SSH support
  • General - Add Menu option in the Web Configuration page for cloud configuration (rather than using the external PC software)
  • General - Expand ability to configure event management attributes in all categories across the Web UI
  • General - More detailed log events to facilitate troubleshooting
  • General - Motion tracking (where the camera automatically pans/tilts to track a moving person/target
  • General - Option to manually configure the OSD label font size
  • General - Ping test to validate Internet connectivity
  • General - Push notification support (in addition to email) for iOS and Android apps
  • General - Real time threshold monitoring for noise detection, motion detection, and day/night transitioning
  • General - Support for underscore characters when configuring the "Camera Name"
  • General - Support for PTZ in Synology Surveillance Station
  • Audio - Ability to select an audio file stored on the SD card and play through the audio line out
  • Browser Support - Improve Linux browser support
  • Browser Support - Support for Live View using browsers on the Linux platform
  • FTP/Email - Option to record and send an email for both scheduled events and motion detection events rather than selecting only one of these two options
  • FTP/Email - Option for dated directories or one static directory for FTP'd snapshots
  • FTP - Option to save images using the same file name so prior FTP'd images are overwritten
  • FTP - Send concurrent FTP recordings with no break (i.e. no missing time between captures)
  • Motion Detection [Bug] - Video image periodically jumps/shifts position several pixels causing erroneous motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Ability to provide continuous unbroken snapshots for persistent long term motion events (current implementation has a 10 second gap between each group of 6 snapshots)
  • Motion Detection - Improve PIR motion event triggering (i.e. reduce false alarms)
  • Motion Detection - Motion events are erroneously triggered when the camera is in patrol mode (i.e. the camera perceives the camera rotation as motion because the image is changing)
  • Motion Detection - Option to create/save multiple motion detection area settings that can be selected based on the camera location (i.e. for owners who frequently rotate the camera among frequently used locations)
  • Motion Detection - Option to limit motion detection event recording length to the duration of the event (rather than a fixed period, e.g. 10 seconds)
  • Motion Detection - User defined interval for snapshot frequency (e.g. 0.25, 0.33, 0.5 seconds) during a motion detection event
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illuminators while the camera is in night mode
  • Night Mode - Option to explicitely select the light level required for day/night mode transitioning
  • Patrol - Ability to define camera patrol positions and combine snapshots in one consolidated email
  • Patrol - Ability to schedule the patrol time (rather than rely on manual triggering)
  • Patrol - Option to continuously cycle through selected cameras at a user defined interval
  • Privacy Mode - Disable IR illuminators while camera is in privacy mode
  • Privacy Mode - Option to schedule privacy mode
  • Privacy Mode - User defined delay when enabling/disabling Privacy Mode
  • Recording Options - Ability to save to directory on NAS or server
  • Recording Options - Option to change the frequency and "Save to" path for recorded files
  • Recording Options - Increase video clip recording duration (i.e. up to 60 seconds with matching intervals to permit true continuous recording)
  • Recording Options - User definable period for the DCS-5222L to create new directories for recorded snaphots (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)
  • SD Recording - Access SD card via FTP or SFTP (i.e. include a check box to enable/disable this functionality)
  • SD Recording - Add option to disable JPG files generated for each video recording
  • SD Recording - Add SSH console to access SD card (SMB/CIFS)
  • SD Recording - Improve video quality and consistency (recorded videos are frequently choppy, freeze, and have dropped frames)
  • SD Recording - Add inherent ability to mass download SD recordings (rather than downloading videos one at a time or physically removing the SD card from the camera)
  • Security - Disable HTTPS when HTTP is enabled
  • Security - Option to edit email subject and content and ability to exclude the device MAC address
  • Security - SFTP support
  • Security - User defined session timeout period
  • Status - Add indicator describing the signal state of the digital input (e.g. green for high and red for low)
  • Status - Add indicator specifying whether the camera is connected via wired or wireless (since the camera uses the same IP address for wired and wireless connections)
  • Status - Wireless signal strength indicator on the Status page
  • Images - Increase image quality range for generated JPGs (i.e. option to reduce the compression level further than currently available via the firmware)
  • Video - Ability to control image exposure (shutter speed), particularly in night mode (i.e. current implementation adjusts the exposure each frame rather than smoothly interpolating exposure, resulting in unnecessary strobing in dark scenes)
  • Video - Add option for RTSP stream at the camera's native image sensor quality (i.e. current RTSP streaming options are too heavily compressed and contain too many artifacts to support advanced image processing)
  • Video - Support for RAW (bayer mask) streaming for 160x80 or RGB

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Night Mode - Ability to specify the light level required for transitioning from day to nite mode (current fixed mode transitions too early)
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • Snapshots - Improved snapshot resolution (rather than 96x96)
  • General - Following reboot/power failure, camera should align to user defined position rather than the default home position
  • General - HTTPS support
  • General - Selecting "full screen"  in the Live View window displays 4:3 aspect ratio frame rather than 16:9

Acumen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2014, 12:58:06 AM »

Since I own a 2332 too these days, I noticed this config screen in the WebGUI.

I say, dear DLink, add this one to the 5222L too please! It is absolutely is a perfect feature to control your cam and be able to switch to night mode (and have benefit of the extra light sensitivity) without activating the leds.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2014, 05:02:14 AM »

Since I own a 2332 too these days, I noticed this config screen in the WebGUI.

I say, dear DLink, add this one to the 5222L too please! It is absolutely is a perfect feature to control your cam and be able to switch to night mode (and have benefit of the extra light sensitivity) without activating the leds.

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15