• April 19, 2024, 04:55:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware v1.22 Comments & Observations  (Read 25450 times)

Peter von Frosta

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware v1.22 Comments & Observations
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 10:55:42 AM »

Hi there,

after updating to FW 1.22 there is a big difference in Day/Night mode switching.
In my opinion with the FW 1.21 (and earlier) the Switch to Night-Mode was to early - now much better.

Tschüß
Peter von Frosta

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 10:58:04 AM »

Hi there,

after updating to FW 1.22 there is a big difference in Day/Night mode switching.
In my opinion with the FW 1.21 (and earlier) the Switch to Night-Mode was to early - now much better.

Tschüß
Peter von Frosta

Does the Day/Night mode still flip back-and-forth when light levels are hovering at the threshold level or is there more tolerance?  ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Peter von Frosta

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 11:22:56 AM »

As far as my observations goes -> no flipping anymore  :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 11:49:18 AM »

As far as my observations goes -> no flipping anymore  :)

That's great news. I hope the implement a similar fix for the DCS-932L.  ;D

Cam_Sham

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 09:11:44 AM »

It's nice to see that the problems I posted about in 1.21's thread went unnoticed. Still changing the snapshot  trigger to 'always' after motion detection is turned off and back on. It also still loses my email username and password.

Other than doing nothing with the only problems listed in that thread, GREAT JOB!  >:(

I have the exact same problem and it's driving me nuts. I can't use the camera because once you toggle the motion detection to off with the IOS app it keeps reverting the snapshots to "always" and keeps sending me pics. It also disables the setting for SD Recording. NICE! way to go Dlink! I guess no one thought to test the firmware before releasing it. I'd just like to see the basic features work, is that asking for too much these days?

Joe Public

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 06:47:47 AM »

Does the Day/Night mode still flip back-and-forth when light levels are hovering at the threshold level or is there more tolerance?  ???

Issue fixed. I don't listen the awful click-clack sound every 5 seconds as before during early morning or late afternoon. A wonderful surprise, so now I can use "auto" feature (before I was obliged to use the schedule) finally enjoying this cam.
Please take note that hardware release of my cam is "A1", it is the first hardware release, so I don't need to ask for support anymore in order to fix the a/m issue.
Italian User

1 x DNS-325 (NAS) - Fw 1.04b05
1 x DCS-942L (IP Cam) - Fw 1.23.3404
1 x DCS-2230 (Full-HD IP Cam) - Fw 1.20.00
1 x DCS-5222L (HD PTZ cam) - Fw 1.12.3404
2 x DHP-501AV (500 mbps Power-Line kit)
1 x DGS-1005D (5-Port Gigabit Switch)
1 x DGS-1008D (8-Port Gigabit Switch)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 07:38:44 AM »

Issue fixed. I don't listen the awful click-clack sound every 5 seconds as before during early morning or late afternoon. A wonderful surprise, so now I can use "auto" feature (before I was obliged to use the schedule) finally enjoying this cam.
Please take note that hardware release of my cam is "A1", it is the first hardware release, so I don't need to ask for support anymore in order to fix the a/m issue.

This fix was also applied to several other DCS model firmware updates. A pleasant surprise.

laluffi1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 02:14:56 PM »

I can't access the configuration panel from the iPad anymore because, if I open the http://dcs-942l.local address, it switches me to the mobile panel, which let me just choose the resoulition of the live video feeding.

The same happens if I point directly to the ip address of the camera.

Could someone give me any hint?

Luca

supergando

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2013, 06:22:22 AM »

try this:

http://Your942Laddress:YourPortNumber/eng/liveViev.cgi

akmes

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2013, 12:16:07 AM »

Is there any settings for IR backlight? On/off, sensivity of automode, schedule..
It will be great feature, the ability to transform WPS button into some switch in settings. Sleep mode of the camera would be good, video clip switch may be perfect (when you leave - enable the guard system, disable when back), if it is impossible, maybe a on/off control for IR-backlight. We use this button for WPS very rarely, I suppose. So, there is a sense to use it after that to manage some camera settings without need to use pc or smartphone
so now I can use "auto" feature (before I was obliged to use the schedule) finally enjoying this cam.
Hmm.. Is there a schedule for the backlight?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 02:17:17 AM by akmes »

bbmak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »

Firmware Version1.22
Firmware Build Number2825
Agent Version2.0.17-b21

The NTP server still not update in Version 1.22 when restart power(unplug and plug). I am using ntp1.dlink.com. However, when I choose "Set NTP Server from DHCP," it works fine. The problem also cause SD recording to stop. I think due to the date differentiate.

Can anyone shed me some lights.

crocodile69

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 08:05:15 PM »

Praise the Lord, the new firmware now supports Portuguese, that solves all my problems with this crappy camera!
Thank you D-Link, keep up the good work!
Pages: 1 [2]