• April 19, 2024, 04:36:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Motion Detection grid blank  (Read 10438 times)

Kean

• Level 1 Member
Motion Detection grid blank
« on: August 26, 2011, 07:57:44 AM »

Hi All,

I recently purchased a 932L and have been happy with the performance thus far.  However, now that I have gone through the basic set up and checked to make sure it works with all of my devices (tablet, phone and notebooks), I am now stumped when it comes to setting up the motion detection.  I am unable to view an image or the grid to make my selection of what areas the camera should be detecting motion.  Apparently, I am able to enable/disable the feature but simply can't view the image/grid.  Remote viewing from all of my devices work fine, the IR feature seems to work fine, etc.  ....I just can't get the image/grid to appear on this particular screen.  Any ideas?

My current firmware version states that it is 1.00 in the upper right hand of the setup screen and I have loaded the latest Java software (I have clicked on the link suggested in the setup that they say to use if you can't view the image/grid).

Thanks,
Kean

PS. I'm ready to buy several more of these *if* I am confident all of the features work.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Motion Detection grid blank
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 08:01:25 AM »

What OS and browser are you using?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Kean

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 08:05:45 AM »

Hi JL,

Vista (home): tried both Firefox (latest version) and IE (I believe v7)

WinXP (work): tried both Firefox (latest version) and IE (v6)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 08:10:20 AM »

Does the live video work in the web interface (LIVE VIDEO -> Camera)?
If the Live Video works, then the motion detection image should be visible.

Kean

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 08:14:53 AM »

Yes.  It actually works great on all of my devices (including those with the Android app on my phone (Froyo) and tablet (Honeycomb)).  I am also able to change some of the other settings successfully at home and remotely with my PC's.

PLEASE NOTE:  see below (I was wrong)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:18:00 AM by Kean »

Kean

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 08:17:24 AM »

.....SCRATCH THAT.  No.  The image does not come up in the "LIVE VIDEO" section of the "Advanced Settings".

Kean

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »

I can only view the video from the initial "Live Video" screen on the Mydlink site (if that makes sense).

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 08:21:01 AM »

Okay, that makes more sense. The Live video in the web interface draws from the same video stream as the motion detection, so if one is working, the other should work just as well.

In the Live video section of the web interface, try using Active X. You may need to enable this functionality in your browser.

Kean

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 09:15:54 AM »

Thanks.  I tried both.  Obviously, I had to try Active-X on IE since Firefox doesn't support it (AFAIK).  I allowed it to download what it needed to and rebooted.  The only thing I am able to see is the black bar across the top of what is supposed to be the video image.  I also tried changing the resolution of the image in the advanced settings as well as the refresh rate, image quality, etc. to see if that would help.  ….no go.  I’m not sure why I can view the image on the website (on either OS or with the app) but not the advanced settings.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 09:41:09 AM »

We know Java is working since you can video from the "mydlink" website using Firefox on your PC.  Why you can't also see the image and video from the web interface on the same PC is a puzzle. ???

Kean

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 09:57:06 AM »

Ok….  I found this thread (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=39629.0) and decided to try the same thing (switching the image option back to “image” after trying activex and java) and it worked.  ….sort of.  I can now view a live image in the advanced settings but not the image/grid on the motion detection feature.  When I switch the option back to java it still worked the same (could see live but not motion/grid). ….this was in Firefox.  I logged on with IE and was able to see the same thing.  However, when I switched over to active-x, it didn’t work.  Also, I am now unable to see anything if I select Java from the image option (selecting either Active-X or Java from “FUNCTION” hasn’t worked in either case).  In either browser, I can now get Live Video in advanced settings by using the “image” selection from the option box but still can’t see the grid or image in the motion detection section.

Btw, “Image” was initially what the default setting was when I first had the problem.  I’m not sure why I can see anything when I select “Java” (when initially I could in Firefox) but at least now I’m getting some sort of result.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 10:08:04 AM »

I also use Firefox and will check my settings later this evening when I have access to my PC.

Kean

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 10:20:08 AM »

thanks JL.  I will also start playing around with it when I get home and/or this weekend.  I also think it's a setting or some specific combination thereof. 

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 03:12:42 PM »

I took a quick look at my DCS-932L settings and see nothing remarkable. To your point, the "Video Mode" is set to "Image". I went so far as to change a number of image related settings to try to break something, but the image persists.

Try entering this into a browser window to view the direct video stream from your browser: http://IP_ADDRESS_OF_CAMERA/mjpeg.cgi

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 04:47:36 AM »

Have you had any success correcting this issue?
Pages: [1] 2