• April 26, 2024, 05:27:18 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to Reinstall everything?  (Read 3661 times)

MushiSushi

• Level 1 Member
How to Reinstall everything?
« on: November 14, 2009, 08:51:46 AM »

Is there a way to reset/reinstall everything except for my documents on the dns323?

I tried reset facory defaults and that didn't solve my issues. Should I try flashing the firmware?

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: How to Reinstall everything?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 10:39:21 AM »

As far as I know a reset to factory defaults resets everything other than the disk configuration - which the unit will read from the disks on the next boot up.

Passwords, users, groups, ip address, etc., - are all reset - however - if you are running fun_plug, which loads from the disk after boot up, this will still run.

What "issues" are you having?
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

MushiSushi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 10:00:28 PM »

For some reason, samba is running at 80-100% when I check the processes. I don't know what it is doing.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 03:34:18 AM »

For you to know the utilization, you'd have to be running fun_plug - to get rid of fun_plug, you'd have to delete (or rename) the fun_plug script that runs at start up.

You need to be aware that fun_plug is not supported by DLink and any side effects caused by fun_plug will likewise not be supported, so this forum may not be the best place to seek help.

Can fun_plug be the cause of your problem?  Maybe, maybe not - what your fun_plug does is dependent on what you (or whoever created it) told it to do.

There is an inherent danger in "hacking" a piece of hardware, and one of those dangers is that you become the person responsible for what you create, so when you create a problem, it's yours to resolve.
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.