• March 29, 2024, 04:24:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unable to connect to cameras - Android 7.0 over Cricket Wireless network  (Read 3594 times)

jkillberg

• Level 1 Member

Long time dlink camera user. I have two phones on cricket wireless right now - an iPhone running the latest iOS version and an Android phone running 7.0. The iPhone can connect to my cameras using mydlink Lite successfully over the Cricket Wireless 4G/LTE network, but my Android phone is only connecting successfully to my cameras over Cricket if I also connect to my home VPN first. Both phones connect successfully to my cameras when on WiFi.

I opened a ticket with Cricket to look into it, but since one OS/app works fine on Cricket and one does not, I thought I would raise the issue here with the app vendor as well. Any reason why Android 7.0, direct (i.e. no VPN) over Cricket Wireless should not be working? In the failing scenario, the app loads fine, but when trying to access one of my cameras, it will not connect and gives me a popup dialog offering 'Cancel' or 'Reconnect' buttons.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Something you might phone contact D-Link support about. I presume it maybe a Android service issue or a combination of service and app.

Let us know what they say.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member

Was this working before or is this a new setup?

If it was working before, what changed when it stopped working (ie updated android, new mobile service, etc)?

jkillberg

• Level 1 Member

New phone as of early April, and it has never worked on that phone.

Pretty certain it had not been working on prior phone either, on Cricket network. Cricket had also gone thru an internal infrastructure update, moving users from a legacy network over to the AT&T network (Cricket is an MVNO of AT&T). But I don't recall if it worked on Android prior to the network change and/or prior to my acquisition of the new handset in early April.

whodunits

• Level 1 Member

What happens if you use iPhone SIM in Android phone?  (You may need to use SIM adapter).

Check both of your Cricket numbers here: http://freecarrierlookup.com

Is the carrier listed as Cricket or AT&T?

jkillberg

• Level 1 Member

Thanks for the question. Both are listed as being on the new AT&T network, versus the older, Aio network.

I opened a support ticket with dlink directly - I'll report back if we arrive at some sort of conclusion.