• April 19, 2024, 02:53:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to set fan speeds  (Read 3185 times)

Toad

• Level 1 Member
How to set fan speeds
« on: January 24, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »

I may be getting senile, but I thought there was a way to specify a temperature for the fans to go to high speed. I also thought there was a setting to have the system shutdown if a specified temperature was exceeded. I can't seem to find either, although I do see that if I send a high-temp email, the system will then shut down.

I have 3 DNS-343s all loaded with 1.5 TB drives in RAID 5. OS Version is 1.04.

Appreciate any help.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: How to set fan speeds
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 03:17:13 PM »

I believe the email for "System Temperature Has Exceeded X Degrees" is the only setting to trigger a shutdown event.  No fan controls.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Toad

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 09:34:31 PM »

OK, here's a real issue, then. The mailer apparently doesn't support TLS/SSL and none of my email accounts will allow login. So, if I can't send an email, does that mean I can't specify a shutdown temp? Oh, I can put garbage into the fields, but I would expect the system to at least make an attempt to determine if the email was actually sent before going off.

Finally, does anyone have a recommendation on shutdown temp? My hottest unit is running between 46 and 50, which seems too hot for me, but that doesn't answer the question of what to set shutdown at.

Thanks,
Toad

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 04:07:06 AM »

OK, here's a real issue, then. The mailer apparently doesn't support TLS/SSL and none of my email accounts will allow login. So, if I can't send an email, does that mean I can't specify a shutdown temp? Oh, I can put garbage into the fields, but I would expect the system to at least make an attempt to determine if the email was actually sent before going off.

Finally, does anyone have a recommendation on shutdown temp? My hottest unit is running between 46 and 50, which seems too hot for me, but that doesn't answer the question of what to set shutdown at.

Thanks,
Toad

My two DNS-343s typically run between 41 to 46 degrees. As far as the temperature-driven shutdown is concerned, this function is simple enough to test. Enter a valid-looking email address and set the email temperature alert at or below your DNS-343's current temperature, which should trigger an immediate email attempt and shutdown. Please post your results here.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC