• March 28, 2024, 07:12:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-1360 Help also needed  (Read 12609 times)

tonewheelfreak

• Level 1 Member
DAP-1360 Help also needed
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:44:56 AM »

Does anyone know if my unit is compatible with a Belkin N+ router in wireless repeater mode??? For the life of me I can't get the unit setup...there's no browser access, only via the BASIC setup on CD which I have to start everytime to gain access to unit??? Help!

sbowden1951

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP-1360 Help also needed
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 03:31:44 PM »

i have the same setup and get nothing from the repeater.  the radio signal is flashing, both are set to the same channel, i am not getting a signal detectable by my phone or two laptops or the tivo or anything else.  i think it's time to rma, i have wasted enough time with this.  i thought the hawking repeater was bad but at least it worked for a little while

tonewheelfreak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 12:25:08 AM »

I finally sent my 1360 back for an exchange since I couldn't connect with unit thru browser, only with the setup application that came with cd...and even with that I couldn't go directly to ADVANCED setup but start ALL OVER AGAIN with basic setup.

With my new unit its the same thing??? What is going on DLINK SUPPORT GUYS??????????????

Never the less I'm still in progress to check it out at my repeater site with external antennas...I did get it to work as a plain AP for test purposes, but the REPEATER MODE is still to be seen?

pspevak

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 08:43:13 AM »

I have had 2 dap-1360 units fail as a repeater with a dlink dir-655.  I have used tech support and they have determined that both needed to be returned.  The configuration seems to work but the repeater provides a very very weak (or no) signal.  I had to pay for unit one return and now I am being hassled about the 2nd unit even though both needed to be returned at dlinks request.  I would be careful about buying the 1360 as a repeater.  has anyone had success with this unit as  a repeater?  :(

lucien

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 11:08:26 AM »

Ditto- Has anyone had success with this unit as  a repeater?

I tried it with my DIR-655, and everything appeared to be set up properly, but none of my wireless devices seem to attempt to get a signal from the DAP.  They keep trying to connect to my DIR in the house with little/weak signal.

Gambed

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 06:23:17 PM »

Using DAP-1360 with DIR-655.  Was getting strong signal from repeater, but no connectivity.  Worked with D-link support and discovered that, in addition to setting up DAP-1360 wireless settings to match DIR-655, must also go to LAN settings in DAP-1360 and enter address of dir-655.  This sttep is not called for by setup wizard or in manual.

Now have connectivity on Apple devices and one XP laptop.  Another XP laptop still not connecting.  All speeds are slow, however.  18.0 mps.  Not happy.

Guyon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 07:47:47 AM »

Yet another disaster for the DAP-1360, and yet D-Link do nothing about it... If it were not for the fact that my DIR-655 has been brilliant and reliable, I would trash this company, but honestly, this unit is JUNK!