• April 16, 2024, 03:12:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Preset Not Working Properly In IOS App For DCS-5222L-B1  (Read 6299 times)

jawnjiajun

• Level 1 Member
Preset Not Working Properly In IOS App For DCS-5222L-B1
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:14:00 AM »

Hi,

Anyone encounter with the preset problems in the IOS app for DCS-5222L-B1 model?

I had configured 3 preset locations in the camera. The camera is able to move to the correct preset location if I call out from the web page. However the presets are a haywire if I activate it from the IOS app. i had do a factory reset on the camera, remove the camera from mydlink account, reinstall my IOS app and the problem is still the same. Anyone encounter this problem?

louvnj

• Level 1 Member
Re: Preset Not Working Properly In IOS App For DCS-5222L-B1
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »

Yes, this doesn't work properly for me too.  The presets send the camera to the correct position when logged into the camera web setup interface for me also.  But when viewing them from the iphone myDlink Lite app, I have one preset that works, and another preset that goes to a different position I saved but it is the wrong name, and the other 2 presets I saved just seem to slowly pan all the way to the left or right and stop.

My main use for these cameras is viewing via iphone.  I downloaded the myDlink + app to my ipad, and that app is much better, but totally different capabilities from the iphone.  It does not show the presets as choices at all.  And the www.mydlink.com camera viewing also does not use the presets.  And the only way to move the camera on myDlink Lite app is the swiping, which is just totally too slow and ridiculous, especially since the camera returns to "center" position everytime you access the app.

So this doesn't make sense.  It appears the presets and positions are saved in the camera; so the myDlink Lite app somehow is not addressing which preset to use properly.

From what I see, different people wrote all these apps and web interfaces; as they all have different capabilities and then are no common controls between any of them!

dr2thmuvr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:29:05 PM »

I am having the same issue and some.  When you select a camera when the camera opens in the initial viewing the camera will change its position by itself.  If you touch the screen it will go back to the position it started at.  Anyone else having this problem?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 01:30:04 PM »

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

tks

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 12:08:56 AM »

I am having a similar problem with my DCS-5222LB1.

No problem when viewing from webpage interface. But when I view from my iPhone, the initial Home Position view is correct. But the camera will very quickly move to another wrong position facing the wall. This position is not one of my preset positions. It appears to be the physical "Centre" position of the camera.

Anybody facing this problem, and how to rectify? My "Home" position is correctly set.