• April 16, 2024, 02:11:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need help changing my channel  (Read 18543 times)

SULPHUR

• Level 1 Member
Need help changing my channel
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:21:50 AM »

Hi, I live in a basement and new people moved in upstairs and recently I have been experiencing alot of lag over Xbox Live. I'm using a wireless connection with the DIR-615 router. I did some googling and they all suggested me to change my channel as the people who moved in upstairs connection might be interfering but I have absolutely no idea how to change it, although I googled for hours, I still can't manage to change it. Could someone give me a step-by-step tutorial to how I can do it?

I'm trying to do it over a wired internet connection to the dlink router.

Thanks alot :)

Trikein

Re: Need help changing my channel
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 09:06:31 PM »

First, hold down Control(CTRL) on your keyboard and click on the fallowing link:  Router Gateway. It should open it up in a new tab, so you can read the instructions as you do it. If will ask you for a password, by default it should be blank, so just click on "Log In" You should see a page like..

Click on "WIRELESS SETTINGS" on the top left. Now click on the "Manual Wireless Connection Setup" button. That should bring you to...

The option you are looking is listed under "WIRELESS NETWORK SETTINGS" as "Wireless Channel". If "Enable Auto Channel Scan" is already checked up, changing the channel probably won't help. But if you still wish to, uncheck it, and pick any channel. Usually 1 or 11 is the best. If that doesn't work, let us know, theres still a TON of stuff that can also cause lag. By the way, is your Xbox 360 even wireless? If so, is it possible to make it wired?