• March 28, 2024, 03:55:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Error 619 connevting to VPN  (Read 20032 times)

connormacleod

• Level 1 Member
Re: Error 619 connevting to VPN
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2015, 06:17:48 AM »

Hey Guys, just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped.
In the end... I managed to get it working but had to use OPEN VPN to make it do so.
I did have to go to the ADVANCED | FIREWALL SETTINGS,  and 'APPLICATION LEVEL GATEWAY (ALG) CONFIGURATION' then check 'PPTP' as well. so thank-you for that suggestion.

It seems there's something about the VPN connection in the windows 7 networking under control panel that was giving me grief... as no matter what i did it refuses to work that way.

I'm still a bit mystified about that because it was working before. But at least it's working with open VPN now.

thanks again guys

PacketTracer

• Level 4 Member
Re: Error 619 connevting to VPN
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 06:35:12 AM »

Hi

In the end... I managed to get it working but had to use OPEN VPN to make it do so.
I did have to go to the ADVANCED | FIREWALL SETTINGS,  and 'APPLICATION LEVEL GATEWAY (ALG) CONFIGURATION' then check 'PPTP' as well. so thank-you for that suggestion.

That's strange because OpenVPN uses TLS over UDP or TCP as the underlying VPN technology and has nothing to do with PPTP. Hence no ALG support for PPTP or any other protocol should be needed.

PT
Pages: 1 [2]