• April 18, 2024, 01:47:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WIFI Setup - OSX  (Read 4097 times)

Luthersboots

• Level 1 Member
WIFI Setup - OSX
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:15:47 AM »

Hi all. Just received a 930L and I am struggling to set-up the wifi link.

The camera works fine when I am connected to the ethernet. But As soon as I unplug it I get a red light.

I have a thompson tg585v8 router, and I have taken a look at the drink setup page and curveted the networks e.t.c I connect using my wireless key and it refreshes the screen but doesn't seem to be working???

The router is not N compatible...is that an issue?

Can anyone assist?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:29:31 AM by Luthersboots »

amandasmith

• Level 2 Member
Re: WIFI Setup - OSX
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:07:16 AM »

How far have you made it in the setup? These IP cams are configurable through any web browser, however, the initial setup (IP lookup) is done with a PC and some crappy proprietary software. According to the D-Link manual this camera will request a DHCP IP address (WIRED on Ethernet), so you can either guess the IP or check your router's DHCP lease table to find it's address. It will not join a wireless network on it's own. Hope this advice gets you a bit further in your setup.

Luthersboots

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 07:09:57 AM »

I have got pretty far down the road I guess. I have the IP Address and can connect to it when it's connected via ethernet. But I cannot set it up on WIFI and unplug the ethernet cab;e to take it where I want it in my house.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »

The router is not N compatible...is that an issue?

The DCS-930L should work on a Wireless G or N network.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RDK45

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 12:18:04 AM »

Luthersboots....I went down your path when I got my first 930L.  I traditionally avoid vendor supplied "wizards" in favor of just configuring the unit directly.  And like you, I had a world of problems.

I reset the unit and this time ran the cd and the wizard.  I registered with DLink, follow all the instructions and 'voila' wireless worked, it worked on the MyDLink website and it worked locally.

Then I went back and configured the network settings the way I wanted them (static address, port, etc) and everything still worked.  Except, if you change the port to something other than 80, then the MyDlink website will no longer give you access to the camera - changing it back to 80 will instantly restore access.

Good luck....RDK